PDA

View Full Version : Selecting radiosity cache over network

Underdog
09-25-2014, 03:13 AM
Using two WLAN connected work stations, the second computer will not use the radiosity cache file, and starts recalculating, although the path is set correctly.

The lws-file used is the very same as on the main computer... I used to get this right, but it's been a while...

Every4thPixel
09-25-2014, 03:44 AM
Wlan is not the best way to setup a network render system but I don't think that should be a problem. If you set the cache to locked it shouldn't recalculate. Are you sure it's not just the second radiosity pass that's being calculated? Are you sure your cache is stored in the correct folder?

Underdog
09-25-2014, 03:58 AM
Thank you very much for your quick reply.

1. Yes, it's set to locked
2. I defined the cache under Paths Options as well as under Render Globals
3. Tried transfering the whole project folder to the other machine, running it locally. Same result.

I had the same problem once and solved it. However, I did not take notes: Silly me...

Lewis
09-25-2014, 05:00 AM
check the *.LWS file in text editor (notepad or so) to be sure cache file is Relative path /cache/filename.cac instead Aboslute path like D:/projects/cache/filename.cac 'coz sometime it gets saved with absolute path which then make is not work over network rendering.

Every4thPixel
09-25-2014, 05:24 AM
Oh good one! I had something like that once when the slashes \\ where pointing the wrong way. After change the them the scene worked again, but that was a bug that got fixed if I'm not mistaking...

Danner
09-25-2014, 05:52 AM
For some reason one of my machines was having trouble with the file extension it was expecting .cac instead or .cache (or the other way around..)