PDA

View Full Version : Forum Admin: please increase "logged in timeout"

madno
09-21-2014, 04:59 AM
Hi forum chef,

I made some posts over the years and one thing always hit me (right now again).
It is the

"logged in forum timeout"

Really,
I am wrinting something and I read it before posting it to correct the errors. At least those ones I can find as a non native speaker. I try to do it as fast as possible, but using the translation tools the internet provides takes some time. Can you be so kind as to increase the time frame a forum member remains logged in? To me it always feels like I am logged out automatically after a few minutes.

spherical
09-21-2014, 05:38 AM
I never get timed out, and I have the forum open all day.

Logout.
Select Remember Me? checkbox.
Login.
Stay logged in as long as you like.

If you do have a request for the forum admins, send a PM to SBowie. A post here probably won't be seen as quickly, if it is seen at all. The admins have other things to do than read every post in every forum, looking for messages intended only for them.

prometheus
09-21-2014, 06:39 AM
I never get timed out, and I have the forum open all day.

Logout.
Select Remember Me? checkbox.
Login.
Stay logged in as long as you like.

If you do have a request for the forum admins, send a PM to SBowie. A post here probably won't be seen as quickly, if it is seen at all. The admins have other things to do than read every post in every forum, looking for messages intended only for them.

yes...I was complaining about that the log out too, but I now do it as you say, always logged in.

madno
09-21-2014, 10:17 AM
thanks,
tried it and it worked. On other websites I know this feature to be related to an automatic login if one visits the website again (has something to do with a cookie that is stored on the PC). I didn't got the idea it could mean "stay logged in" as well.

spherical
09-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Yeah, it's poorly labelled. The Thea Render forum has an "automatically log me in when I return" switch and it does what it says most of the time, but still makes me login from time to time anyway. That I don't know when/why it logs me out, I just leave that switch off, login each time and forget about it.