PDA

View Full Version : Lighten Up! Apollo 11 Hoax Theory Debunked

spherical
09-21-2014, 12:05 AM
A friend of mine, Leonard David, who writes for Space.com and Space News, posted a recent article: Lighten Up! Apollo 11 Hoax Theory Debunked (http://www.leonarddavid.com/lighten-up-apollo-11-hoax-theory-debunked/). In it, he outlines how nVIDIA, using the new Maxwell architecture employed in the just-released 900 series cards, has proven that the Moon Landing Hoax Conspiracy Theorists are indeed full of it.

Most of us are used to dealing with bounced rays and GI, so none of this is going to be revolutionary news; not that any of this had to be "proven" in the first place.

Be sure to check out the Making Of (http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2014/09/18/debunked/). In it, what really surprised me is that the guy who was the Head of Technical Publications at Rocketdyne is a conspiracy theorist! Seriously!? The space business buys your groceries! Takes all kinds.

I know that this extensive examination of the lighting conditions will in no way sway some of the like-minded clowns out there. Like the people interviewed on the street, they'll figure out some way to spin this, too, or just buy into the most base idea and be comfortable in it.

Like Einstein said: "Only two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the former."

djwaterman
09-21-2014, 02:53 AM
The same type of morons that think 9/11 was an inside job, for some reason, reality ain't enough for them.

hrgiger
09-21-2014, 03:09 AM
Well, kooky conspiracy theories aside, is it so inconceivable that the US didn't have motivation to win the space race by faking a moon landing or that some government connected companies didn't have sufficient profit motivation to see a war overseas after 9/11?

spherical
09-21-2014, 05:01 AM
I rest my case.

Ryan Roye
09-21-2014, 05:55 AM
I rest my case.

I prefer the conspiracy theory that states that the reason we went to the moon was to collect super space metal that let us build radical hover tanks and weapons from alien technology, which resulted in epic US/Russian space battles, and that all the footage that was beamed to earth was just to cover up that fact :)

hrgiger
09-21-2014, 06:08 AM
I prefer the conspiracy theory that states that the reason we went to the moon was to collect super space metal that let us build radical hover tanks and weapons from alien technology, which resulted in epic US/Russian space battles, and that all the footage that was beamed to earth was just to cover up that fact :)

well you know thats why NASA invented thunderstorms...to cover up the sound of space battles.

hrgiger
09-21-2014, 06:15 AM
I rest my case.

Well its not really your case to rest. But in any event, im not making a case for or against the idea of a faked moon landing, I personally care little if they went to the moon or not. What im saying, is that you believe everything the government or the media conveys to you then you might want to apply that quote from Einstein in that case as well.

spherical
09-21-2014, 06:18 AM
Just what is it with you, anyway? Geeez.

Surrealist.
09-21-2014, 06:34 AM
It is called, why these subjects are off limits in the forums.

The following items are not considered professional or civil discourse allowed on these forums:

Off-topic and controversial subjects such as Religion and Politics
Comments of an "off color" nature inappropriate for viewing by minors
Non-constructive criticism of a malicious nature
Personal attacks against NewTek customers or employees and their family members
Promotional messages and material for competing products

As if everyone is suddenly going to start agreeing on these subjects.

What is that definition of insanity....?

Thread Lock?

hrgiger
09-21-2014, 06:42 AM
Just what is it with you, anyway? Geeez.

I guess I could ask the same thing. You start a thread suggesting that those who dont just blindly accept a piece of history as fact as stupid or "clowns". Im not even suggesting that the moon landing was faked, but im also not about to say that it wasnt with 100% certainty either. Either way, suggesting others are stupid for not falling into line isnt the most respectable way to make an argument.

Surrealist.
09-21-2014, 06:55 AM
....which is.... continually doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. :D

It is entertaining if nothing else.

Nicolas Jordan
09-21-2014, 08:11 AM
There have been many things that were once considered the "official story" originally given by the government that have been admitted to be wrong by the government many years later and in some cases these crazy conspiracy theorists end up being correct for the most part. In many cases these theories go well beyond what any evidence may support so that's what gives them the "crazy" label. For anyone who has studied 911 and the info available to us I would think that the majority of us would discard much of the "official story" but on the other hand some of the extreme conspiracy theories are very unlikely with the truth probably laying somewhere in the middle.

In the end we can all have the freedom to question things and believe what we choose to and that doesn't make us stupid or crazy. Even if the government finally admitted 30 years from now that 911 was an inside job many would still hesitate to believe it because they would be forced to change their world view.

RebelHill
09-21-2014, 08:25 AM
The question no one seems to be asking is why WOULD they NEED to fake the moonlandings..?

I mean... we SHOULD all know by now that for the pangalactic reptilian mutants who're really in control of everything, a trip to the moon and back is like popping to the shops!

THINK about it!!!!

djwaterman
09-21-2014, 09:57 AM
Point to an example of a crazy conspiracy theory having been proved correct many years later.

cresshead
09-21-2014, 10:05 AM
dinosaur fossils were put in the ground by the big guy to test our faith :)

hrgiger
09-21-2014, 10:13 AM
The question no one seems to be asking is why WOULD they NEED to fake the moonlandings..?

I mean... we SHOULD all know by now that for the pangalactic reptilian mutants who're really in control of everything, a trip to the moon and back is like popping to the shops!

THINK about it!!!!

Well but back then, there was a space race to see who was going to get to the moon first. theres a reason they planted an American Flag on the moon. Or at least, supposedly they did :)

Reco
09-21-2014, 10:50 AM
Well but back then, there was a space race to see who was going to get to the moon first. theres a reason they planted an American Flag on the moon. Or at least, supposedly they did :)

You are right about the space race, but USSR had all the equipment/spies necessary in order to monitor the mission. They did not get the info from USA, but could hear the communication and read the radar signals. They even had a satellite passing by the moon at that time. They were desperately hoping for a failure, but the second best would have been a Hoax. If it was a slightly chance for a hoax it would have been in Pravda the very next day. It wasn’t. If USA was able to conspiracy with USSR at that time, it would have been a greater achievement than going to the moon. The Hoax theory started after the movie Capricorn one. It is a fun theory, but that’s all it is.

Reco

RebelHill
09-21-2014, 11:15 AM
theres a reason they planted an American Flag on the moon

Its because the moon is made of cheese and they need to keep this secret to protect the enormous US dairy industry.

pinkmouse
09-21-2014, 11:41 AM
Folks, let's look at this logically. All Nvidia have proven with the above experiment is that it's possible to fake the US moon landing photos using Nvidia graphics cards.

Couple that with the time portal at Area 51.........

:D

hazmat777
09-21-2014, 12:34 PM
"Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can’t explain that."

-Bill O'Reilly

My hero. ;)

hrgiger
09-21-2014, 12:40 PM
Its because the moon is made of cheese and they need to keep this secret to protect the enormous US dairy industry.
I knew it!

shrox
09-21-2014, 12:50 PM
After reading the article, I am surprised that they forgot to conciser the brightest white thing in the scene at first...the spacesuit.

Dan_Ritchie
09-21-2014, 01:07 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was the video game Battlezone.

goakes
09-21-2014, 06:15 PM
RebelHill. Thanks for the confirmation. I was beginning to doubt myself on these ideas.

jeric_synergy
09-21-2014, 06:32 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was the video game Battlezone.
I played Battlezone so much, I reached the mountains.

shrox
09-21-2014, 06:39 PM
I played Battlezone so much, I reached the mountains.

I know a guy who spoke to a guy who saw a guy make it to the other side of those mountains.

motivalex
09-21-2014, 08:41 PM

Has it yet been discovered though, what type of cheese the moon is made out of? Cheddar, Caerphilly, Double Gloucester or maybe Wensleydale?

shrox
09-21-2014, 08:50 PM
Has it yet been discovered though, what type of cheese the moon is made out of? Cheddar, Caerphilly, Double Gloucester or maybe Wensleydale?

Brie, you'd sink right into it.

hazmat777
09-21-2014, 09:34 PM
If you have "When We Left Earth" on Blu-Ray and listen to some of the communication from Apollo 11, at one point one of them (not sure which Armstrong or Aldrin) says that under the moon dust it's orange. So either it's Cheddar or Colby or maybe just Tang. :)

shrox
09-21-2014, 10:15 PM
If you have "When We Left Earth" on Blu-Ray and listen to some of the communication from Apollo 11, at one point one of them (not sure which Armstrong or Aldrin) says that under the moon dust it's orange. So either it's Cheddar or Colby or maybe just Tang. :)

Hmmm. I don't remember Nacho Cheese Doritos being around before then...

safetyman
09-22-2014, 05:23 AM
When we all take the blue pill, all this discussion will be moot anyway.

50one
09-22-2014, 05:40 AM
When we all take the blue pill, all this discussion will be moot anyway.

Man, you're that old? Thought you were younger....

Anyway, if you want to save some money on those pills, I've heard ginseng has similar properties.

Davewriter
09-22-2014, 08:03 PM

THINK about it!!!!

All Hail Glrog!

bobakabob
09-23-2014, 02:27 AM
Buzz (understandably) gets a little bit cross when accused of a hoax
http://youtu.be/wptn5RE2I-k