PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Steve-SBowie

prometheus
09-19-2014, 12:18 PM
For wrestling with the forum thread subscription mail notification issues..
For me it is now coming in to my mailbox.

I reckon this might show up again later on ..In such case I will just send you a private notification.

Thanks for the support Steve, In the end It helps us making the forum experience more easy to follow and it helps us all to give faster responses to others etc.

Michael

SBowie
09-19-2014, 01:28 PM
I really had very little to do with fixing this (unless you count whinging), but on behalf of all involved, you're quite welcome. Really, we should apologize the the disruption.

Waves of light
09-19-2014, 04:41 PM
Thanks for whinging Steve!

SBowie
09-19-2014, 06:37 PM
Thanks for whinging Steve!Now why do you suppose my wife never says that?

Waves of light
09-20-2014, 01:36 AM
Now why do you suppose my wife never says that?

Wow, you whing at your wife... you're braver than I thought ;)

daforum
09-22-2014, 04:12 AM
Can anyone confirm this is working, as I've been emailing links to threads ( to myself ) and not getting anything!?
Also not receiving any Subscription updates either :(

allabulle
09-22-2014, 04:28 AM
It's not working here either.

allabulle
09-22-2014, 06:20 AM
Update:
OK, now I'm baffled. It turns out I had a lot of the forum's threads notification e-mails in the spam folder of my gmail account. I don't understand why since I haven't changed anything there. It hadn't occurred to me to look there for that same reason.

It could help others using gmail.

daforum
09-23-2014, 06:15 AM
None in my Junk folder as that's where Spam goes ( NOT THAT IT IS SPAM OF COURSE )
I'm on Hotmail ( or Outlook as it is now ) so maybe that has something to do with it.

Can anyone confirm which email accounts work and which don't?

Waves of light
09-23-2014, 06:23 AM
My gmail account works with email subscriptions, if that helps.

prometheus
09-23-2014, 07:28 AM
None in my Junk folder as that's where Spam goes ( NOT THAT IT IS SPAM OF COURSE )
I'm on Hotmail ( or Outlook as it is now ) so maybe that has something to do with it.

Can anyone confirm which email accounts work and which don't?

I have always had my hotmail account, and still has...so it goes through to that after the initial issues that is.

daforum
09-24-2014, 04:48 AM
Still not receiving. I've set everything up properly in Hotmail to receive, and checked outgoing emails from this forum.

What's the newtek email address that is sending the email?

Waves of light
09-24-2014, 04:49 AM
[email protected] is the email address in the header.

daforum
09-24-2014, 04:58 AM
Thanks Waves of light.
Yep, I had set up a "Rule" in Hotmail to automatically put emaills received from that address into a folder - so they should arrive there when sent from this Forum.

No idea what's going on...:stumped:

daforum
09-24-2014, 05:03 AM
Well, well, well. I just added the address "[email protected]" to my "Safe Senders List" and then emailed this thread page.

Lo and behold I received it!! :)

Waves of light
09-24-2014, 05:43 AM
Well, well, well. I just added the address "[email protected]" to my "Safe Senders List" and then emailed this thread page.

Lo and behold I received it!! :)

Excellent, sorted.