PDA

View Full Version : TAFA to Motionbuilder - morphs-mdds-xmls

tyrot
09-18-2014, 08:01 AM
Hello guys...

My problem is - i have to transfer MORPH MIXER or MDD (pointcache) file from TAFA into Motionbuilder.

I was thinking it would be very hard to convert Morph mixer file into Motionbuilder, i tried to go to MDD to XML to Motionbuilder ...

Motionbuilder - accepts XML - PC2 file formats. I already tried to export MDD file from TAFA - tried to use - Chronosculpt to convert MDD to XML - I imported that data Motionbuilder didn't recognized the XML - it is there but it is NOT showing on the character.

Is there other - working way -which you know how to export TAFA's facial data into Motionbuilder? Can i transfer Lightwave's morph mixer - data into Motionbuilder directly?

Also TAFA exports .txt file - can we convert it to XML or PC2?

thanks in advance...

tyrot
09-20-2014, 04:57 AM
bump:)

ok at least

does somebody know- how to export morph sequence into motionbuilder?

erikals
09-20-2014, 06:05 AM
not sure, not too many use MB i think, maybe PM Greenlaw or RebelHill

RebelHill
09-20-2014, 06:36 AM
MB handles morfs much like LW... key values on morph channels. Ive sent an animated morph sequence from MB to LW before... but that was years ago using the ol kaydara plugins. Presumably it should work the other way too, but i guess it depends if the LW fbx exporter supports it properly, etc.

tyrot
09-20-2014, 07:07 AM
ok i ll try to deal with other FBX exporters .. thanks rebel - have you ever need to convert an MDD file into XML or PC2 file?

RebelHill
09-20-2014, 07:32 AM
nope

jasonwestmas
09-20-2014, 08:40 AM
The FBX morph capabilities of Layout was broken and I reported it about a year ago, but I haven't tested it lately. The bug was confirmed by LW3DG.

tyrot
09-20-2014, 09:20 AM
oh boy:(

tyrot
09-21-2014, 03:47 PM
ok i spent all my weekend literally ... and i have a solution

1- install previous version of fbx exporter.. very old version for motionbuilder 5.5 ..and export your scene with morph mixer checked.. it will export this to your Motionbuilder 5.5 without problem..
2- when you try to import this fbx to new versions of motionbuilder it will give an error..and gives you an error "convert this file with motionbuilder 6 / 7 / 7.5
3- yes go and find your motionbuilder 7 or 7.5 installTion folder and there is a converter..fbxconverterui.exe...
4- viola ..now you can use your morph mixer results, in newer versions of motionbuilder...

probably there can be link to that converter somewhere ..standalone . ill post if i find it...

there you go...
http://www.autodesk.com.tr/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=7851697