PDA

View Full Version : Sprite particles disappear when I'm in the tail of my comet?

objuan
09-16-2014, 04:13 PM
Several of you fine fellows recently helped me get some particle emitting nulls spitting off a trail as they spiral around. Thanks!

New issue though, everything seems to work and render fine, except at one point my camera kind of goes through the tail of the 'comet' looking towards the source, and when it does, it fails to render much of anything. It renders fine when the camera is just to the side, but looking up through the tail not so much?

I thought maybe ray recursion or something cause at that point cam is looking through a bunch of particles, but toggling Raytrace Trans and jacking the Ray Recursion does not seem to have any effect.

Any ideas?

I have the same gradient map on the particle's Lum/Opacity/Density which fades it with Relative Particle Age, is that getting me some how?

ernpchan
09-16-2014, 04:26 PM
What happens if you increase the number of slices?

What happens if you adjust your gradient...does that affect what you see at that frame?

objuan
09-16-2014, 04:52 PM
Well, jacking the slices to 7, and getting rid of the envelopes does make it better, but it still pretty much has the same issue I'm afraid.

JoePoe
09-16-2014, 04:58 PM
You've changed the animation since yesterday (I think). Can't find the fly-through-tail frame on the scene I've got.

Repost scene?

objuan
09-16-2014, 05:02 PM
I have tweaked it Joe. Here is the scene, with my gradients that I like. 124312

Here is 2 screen grabs with slices at 7, and all gradients off. Frame 500 renders nothing. Frame 501 looks pretty good. ?

JoePoe
09-16-2014, 05:17 PM
Okay, hmmm

Right off the bat, I do get a render at frame 500. 124314

So, first wild guess is that it has something to do with what I don't have. The Toroid objects. What are they doing at that moment?

objuan
09-16-2014, 05:36 PM
Oh jeez. Why you got to make me feel so dumb Joe?
The toroids are for other bg passes, and low and behold a rouge was on and matted to black, and oddly enough intersecting my emitter when she broke free of torusland.
Thanks again. Despite the shame that comes with it, I do appreciate your help.

Nice sounding System you got there btw, I think mine could use a beer too... it's clear i need a breather.

JoePoe
09-16-2014, 05:46 PM
Just a set of fresh eyes :).

:beerchug: