PDA

View Full Version : Texture in OCTANE using a weight map.

Carlo_Jongen
09-16-2014, 02:57 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to texture an object with a weight map in Octane. Attached to this thread a screen cap to clarify.
I would like to mix two texture images on an object that has one weight map. For example the texture with red dots will appear to a surface according to a weight map that is applied to the surface.
=> Weight map 100% will use the red dots surface. Weight map 0% will use a blue squares texture to the same surface.
Can't seem to find how to do this in Octane.

Thanks for any tips on this.

Freelance Lightwave Animation at www.c3d.be

juanjgon
09-16-2014, 03:38 PM
Sorry, Octane can't support the LW weight maps because it can't read this values at render time, and the rasterizer can't process the weight maps to build a new texture using this information.

You are going to need to use a texture mask applied using UVs or the Octane projection node and the Octane texture mixer to mix the two textures.

-Juanjo

gordonrobb
09-16-2014, 04:07 PM
I've suggested a work around on your Facebook post.

Sensei
09-18-2014, 02:16 AM
I was wondering if it is possible to texture an object with a weight map in Octane. Attached to this thread a screen cap to clarify.
I would like to mix two texture images on an object that has one weight map. For example the texture with red dots will appear to a surface according to a weight map that is applied to the surface.
=> Weight map 100% will use the red dots surface. Weight map 0% will use a blue squares texture to the same surface.
Can't seem to find how to do this in Octane.

Thanks for any tips on this.

You can bake weight maps to image files using VMapManager.
http://modelingpack.trueart.eu