PDA

View Full Version : Ibc

mikkelen
09-15-2014, 06:18 PM
Newtek very visible and present, no mention of LightWave...

Will there be another version, or is 11.6 the last one?

spherical
09-15-2014, 06:32 PM
Well this (http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?143509-Call-for-LW-Objects-for-next-Sales-Video) would tend to indicate that <Monty Python>"I'm not quite dead yet"</Monty Python>.

jwiede
09-16-2014, 01:25 AM
Newtek very visible and present, no mention of LightWave...

Will there be another version, or is 11.6 the last one?

It's been a long time, IIRC, since Newtek showed much of Lightwave at IBC -- I don't see anything surprising about them not doing so this time. I doubt LW3DG considered it worth spending money to be there (and even if there as part of Newtek's booth, it still "costs" in that it consumes space Newtek could otherwise use for products more suited to that venue and audience). I think you're reading too much into it.

bazsa73
09-16-2014, 01:52 AM
Let's despair one more time. Another slam on LW's shamefully blushing face. This must be the very very very end of LW.

ernpchan
09-16-2014, 06:22 AM
...is 11.6 the last one?

No.

To support parenting in AP's gui, I had to switch the selection widget to a special kind of tree widget which is only available in the next release of LW. So unfortunately I won't be able release any more public betas until then.

-Steve

Quote from the Advanced Placement thread in Third Party.

mikkelen
09-17-2014, 12:10 PM
Good to know, but it seemed a bit scary that Newtek's representatives at IBC could not give an answer to whether or not a new version of LightWave would be released. Autodesk and many other post-production and vfx companies was present at the show... and Newtek had a bigger banner than BlackMagic outside the hall!

ernpchan
09-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Might be because you're talking to Tricaster people...not LW3DG people? So one division of the company doesn't wanna speak out of turn for the other.