PDA

View Full Version : IKB enhancements.... that can ACTUALLY get completed

jeric_synergy
09-15-2014, 10:40 AM
I'm no IKB expert (understatement of the year), but I'm watching Chazriker's videos (recommended!!! Liberty3d.com (http://Liberty3d.com) ) and I've dabbled in the past, and what strikes me over and over with IKB is how SUBTLE it is.

This is a problem. It is TOO subtle.

Besides the well known native documentation shortcomings, it's just a non-obvious tool. If some of the controls were more visible and/or garish, I think users could acclimate themselves to the IKB process a lot faster.

So, I recommend that IKB be enhanced by simply making some of the modes, states, and controls more OBVIOUS, more visible, more attention grabbing.

tyrot
09-15-2014, 01:38 PM
also i want second video to updated:) - hello ryan:)

jeric_synergy
09-15-2014, 01:52 PM
also i want second video to updated:) - hello ryan:)
Tyrot, what do you mean?

Ryan Roye
09-15-2014, 03:46 PM
Tyrot, what do you mean?

The IKB videos could use some updates to correlate with the latest workflows i've made since the videos were made :) . I have eventual plans to do some small updates to sections of the videos which will likely end up on YouTube and could double over as a promo for the content.

As far as getting IKB updates done, the only way that is going to happen is if enough people submit fogbugz feature requests/bug reports to show that there is genuine interest in further development of the animation tool... or, at bare minimum, an interest in re-building it with current technology in mind... or, as some people in the past have argued, simply allow IKB functionality in a more "integrated" fashion. I totally agree Jeric about how things are too subtle in ways. There are a lot of "invisible" things about IKBooster that would hugely benefit people learning to use it if it could simply be seen. Part of that problem is with LW's architecture which limits methods the programmers can use to show the user whats happening, part of it lies with IKBooster (IE: the misaligned IKBooster track as of LW 10+)