PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Geometry

Gazlw
09-14-2014, 11:58 AM
Hi,

Now this is one of those things I am slightly confused about even though I have been on LW for a while now.
I tend to press the minus key to get rid of geometry though I have just realised that I am really only hiding this, as it's still there when I press the backslash key and when I send to Layout.
Not apart from copying the whole object and pasting it into a new object is there a way to delete rather then hide geometry? Bearing in mind I have one of this short wireless keyboards without a numeric keypad.

Thanks.

Sensei
09-14-2014, 12:29 PM
Press delete, not minus key..

sandman300
09-14-2014, 12:32 PM
Have you tried the delete key? If that key is not on your keyboard you can always remap the command "remove" to another key.

ernpchan
09-14-2014, 12:33 PM
What you're doing is hiding the geo, not outright deleting it.

Gazlw
09-14-2014, 02:45 PM
Yes I know, this I was you get with a smaller keyboard, I will remap the shortcut from now on, thanks so much for your help.

spherical
09-14-2014, 04:27 PM
Unsure of which KB you have but all of the abbreviated ones that I have seen have Function capability that doubles the use of letter keys to restore the numpad and Page Up, Page Down, Home, End, Insert, Delete keys. Lacking that, you could just Cut the selected polys with Ctrl-x and not paste them.

prometheus
09-14-2014, 06:11 PM
Ahh...one of those things, for me it has been the opposite, I am so used to delete for any item as it is in modeler, that I was a little frustrated that - deletes an item in layout and not delete key..as it is assigned to delete keyframes.

some people seem to like it that way if you animate a lot with keyframes, for me I felt it shouldn´t be there as a default and have it more consistent with modeler and other software, but I guess it is up to ourselves to change that if you want to.