PDA

View Full Version : Save preferences?

objuan
09-13-2014, 09:44 AM
Every time I open a scene (which is entirely too often with the bug I'm having of my displays freezing, though buttons still work) I have to tell it yet again that I want the Scene/Dope Editor open, and I want it to display Sequence order rather than name, and I want all my hierarchies expanded. Also I want Auto Key set to Modified.

Is there a way to save those preferences? Preferably on a scene by scene basis, but for LW in general would work too.

It would also be nice if you could set a preference for new keyframes to be linear or stepped, or tension 1, or whatever - maybe on an object by object basis, or even channel by channel. Maybe just set it to the same type as the previous key would work pretty good...

Slartibartfast
09-13-2014, 10:43 AM
It would also be nice if you could set a preference for new keyframes to be linear or stepped, or tension 1, or whatever - maybe on an object by object basis, or even channel by channel. Maybe just set it to the same type as the previous key would work pretty good...

Hit ctrl-F2 then o
adjust default incoming curve :-)

I thought the scene editor stayed open if you quit layout with it open.

ernpchan
09-13-2014, 10:54 AM
All that it tied to your config file. And Unfortunately if you're running into crashes your config file probably won't be getting updated properly. What you could do is after you get everything setup the way you like, backup the file. Then when it crashes again just overwrite your config file with the backed up one. It would be a repetitive thing though if you're crashing a lot.