PDA

View Full Version : Make Preview - Polys only?

objuan
09-13-2014, 09:16 AM
Is there anyway to set a Make Preview to hide all your nulls and paths and data indicators?

They are useful in setting things up, but I find them distracting when trying to get a sense of the motion. I'd like to see them, but have them all go away for a quick motion test...

jeric_synergy
09-13-2014, 09:18 AM
Picture please.

ernpchan
09-13-2014, 09:26 AM
Unfortunately not. What you could do is tie the opacity of all your nulls to a slider so you could dissolve them off. As for your motion paths, just turn that off in the Display Options.

Layout doesn't have anything like Maya that let's you quickly display only specific item types.

prometheus
09-13-2014, 09:38 AM
Yes there are..if I am not mistaken ..select all your items you donīt want to show and make them hidden in the scene editor, but you are always standing in either objec,light,camera mode and it will always show at least one selection, so
you could select an item away from the camera view...a null for instance.
render open gl preview and none of your hidden items should be included.
it will however make parented items hidden too..and that is maye not what you want.

prometheus
09-13-2014, 09:46 AM
Correction..in old scene editor you canīt have an object parented to a null being visible if the master null is hidden, but in the new scene editor...you can.

Uhm...weird...I do not know what I am talking about, strange..now it works in the classic editor.

objuan
09-13-2014, 09:47 AM
Also I want to see the items while I work, just not when I preview. And I dont want to hide/unhide all my various biddies each time.

ernpchan
09-13-2014, 10:18 AM
In the lwplugindb.com are some scripts to help with grouping and hiding/unhiding of things.

I think Dodgy has one called LayersMC.

jeric_synergy
09-13-2014, 11:19 AM
This is maybe scriptable: Make a script ("HIDDEN PREVIEW") that does the MAKE PREVIEW job for you, but is prefaced with selections that clear the view-- won't selecting the Camera hide most of that stuff?

This may be as easy as opening .....uhhhhhhh, whatsit called? #aflw The window that tracks commands. You can cut&paste that, often directly, into an LScript-- it's like a very bad macro recorder. Anyway, whatever steps that need to be taken to clear your preview get recorded and then the preview made: you invoke this script instead of the normal MAKE PREVIEW button.

The downside is you'll probably lose current item and things like that, unless you get fancier.
+++++

It strikes me that if LW had "object aliases" (Like AE "layer names"), denoting hidden objects or objects TO BE hidden would be a snap. Just add a rare character ("$" perhaps) to the alias ..... dang, that WOULD be convenient for any number of tasks....

RebelHill
09-13-2014, 11:36 AM
Try the lil solo plugin I posted here... http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?143141-EF-item-visibility-toggle-fix-for-LW-11-6-x/page2 (post 23).

vector
09-13-2014, 09:30 PM
That's what I was going to recommend (RH wins again). Assign a shortcut to it and you'll wonder how you could work without it

You also wonder (like me) why is not a native tool