PDA

View Full Version : Dimming down HDRI lighting?

ianay
09-12-2014, 11:45 AM
Is there anyway to animate the dimming down of HDRI Lighting?
There seems to be no Graph editor option with HDRI

OnlineRender
09-12-2014, 12:08 PM
Is there anyway to animate the dimming down of HDRI Lighting?
There seems to be no Graph editor option with HDRI

I am not sure tbh I am not on my machine atm , however you can "E" the opacity

ianay
09-12-2014, 12:34 PM
The opacity of what?
I'm using imageworld

3djock
09-12-2014, 12:52 PM
Image editor. I always change my hdr in the image editor before using in image world.

MSherak
09-12-2014, 01:07 PM
The opacity of what?
I'm using imageworld

You could animate it through the image editor. Adjust the image on the Editing tab. There are 'E' buttons there.

OnlineRender
09-12-2014, 01:07 PM
The opacity of what?
I'm using imageworld

sorry was getting mixed up with texture environment

ianay
09-12-2014, 01:20 PM
There are E buttons, but only for Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Saturation and Gamma.. No opacity
So how to fade it out?
I basically just want to fade the HDR out...

OnlineRender
09-12-2014, 01:39 PM
There are E buttons, but only for Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Saturation and Gamma.. No opacity
So how to fade it out?

the only way I would imagine you could do it via the Image Editor is by using Add Filter> Node Image Filter * I think it's a DP Kit node if memory serves correct * and then setup a gradient node plugin it into the colour channel " ...

although this seems like a long road for a shortcut

Ztreem
09-12-2014, 02:01 PM
The opacity of what?
I'm using imageworld

If you convert your Hdri to a spherical map you can use the texture environment instead, there you have opacity and such things.

OnlineRender
09-12-2014, 02:25 PM
... animated sequence :)

Lewis
09-12-2014, 02:34 PM
You can't animate brightness of an Imageworld (sadly) but you could make a inverted sphere model and map the HDRI to it and then you can adjust luminosity of that surface/material to similate on/off along animation.

Tartiflette
09-12-2014, 02:36 PM
So how to fade it out?
Then animate the brightness, perhaps ? ;)
It should give what you're after, even if it won't be equal to a "real" dimming of light in real life.

Cheers,
Laurent aka Tartiflette. :)

ianay
09-12-2014, 07:32 PM
thanks for all help guys but..
it seems to be a bit 'over complicated' just to dim an hdr, so i'm just going to take the easy option and use our old friend After effects..

Amurrell
09-13-2014, 12:40 AM
Can HDRs be added to a dome light and then animated that way? I know that this would just change the illumination of the scene and then you could do the inverted sphere model that Lewis mentioned for the BG.