PDA

View Full Version : FROM SCRATCH: Replacing LW from the Ground up? How wouild it look like?

robertoortiz
09-11-2014, 05:46 AM
And saying Like "Blender" is not enough.

If you were Rob Powers and had decided to EOL LW, what would be the direction you would take
your next gen app to?

And lets not use this thread is not a rehash of the CORE thread. I am sick and tired of the gloom and doom.

-R

dulo
09-11-2014, 06:02 AM
everything nodes, everything animatable, little compositor integrated with deep merge, takes ( like houdini ), passes ( like clarisse ), scene referencing ( like blender ), render slaves for live preview like modo, cinema or houdini, resume renderings (like maxwell) ..

raw-m
09-11-2014, 07:13 AM
Employment of a top notch GUI designer, don't let programmers anywhere near the front end!

RebelHill
09-11-2014, 07:43 AM
I am sick and tired of the gloom and doom.[/B]

And others are sick of this endless repetition of this dead end thinking... IT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN... The idea of retiring LW and replacing with a next gen app was already tried by NT, and we all know how that ended up. They are NOT going to U-turn again and go back to a plan that was already abandoned such a (comparatively) short amount of time ago.

That plan is done, it is over and it will not be repeated... you can BET on it.

Either accept LW for what it is, and the direction it's going... or don't, and find something else.

OnlineRender
09-11-2014, 07:52 AM
I took about 6 months off the forum mainly due to the same people talking the same **** , so it boils down to this ...

did LW make me money this year : YES
can LW be improved : of course
will I ***** and moan about it : NO

simple

robertoortiz
09-11-2014, 08:49 AM
Employment of a top notch GUI designer, don't let programmers anywhere near the front end!

Amen

jboudreau
09-11-2014, 10:03 AM
I took about 6 months off the forum mainly due to the same people talking the same **** , so it boils down to this ...

did LW make me money this year : YES
can LW be improved : of course
will I ***** and moan about it : NO

simple

Agreed

- - - Updated - - -

And others are sick of this endless repetition of this dead end thinking... IT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN... The idea of retiring LW and replacing with a next gen app was already tried by NT, and we all know how that ended up. They are NOT going to U-turn again and go back to a plan that was already abandoned such a (comparatively) short amount of time ago.

That plan is done, it is over and it will not be repeated... you can BET on it.

Either accept LW for what it is, and the direction it's going... or don't, and find something else.

I agree these threads are getting so tiresome.

creacon
09-11-2014, 10:22 AM
If I was Rob Powers I would ask Chuck to kill this thread!

Megalodon2.0
09-11-2014, 10:26 AM

If I was Rob Powers I should be working on LW12 and not perusing the forums.

bazsa73
09-11-2014, 11:42 AM
I want to be Rob's friend!

Chris S. (Fez)
09-11-2014, 04:06 PM
I expect 12 to offer integration in one form or another:
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaWs1M_XqzsiaS5XA18MSc7aPBkn9Va F3SLpDpgidVOK7zI-ooZA

Integration is not a priority to me at this point. 11.6 is a joy with Rhiggit 2. If 12 provides nothing but acceptable CCsubds, native robust render pass management and performance/stability/workflow improvements I'll be set for most of my projects for a long while...

MSherak
09-11-2014, 04:13 PM

Right on!!!:rock: