PDA

View Full Version : 11.6 glitchys

objuan
09-11-2014, 04:42 AM
I installed 11.6.3 cause the spline stuff looked, and is cool.

But I've been getting a semi regular issue where the visual display either stops updating, or goes totally grey. I can still click buttons and drag the time slider and save, but I cant see what I'm doing. Only way to get it back seems to be to close Layout and reopen.

Any ideas?

Also, I got to be honest, I hate the new color picker. I don't understand? It's like they took something that made intuitive sense, and made it freakin weird and confusing. Can I set it back to how it was?

ernpchan
09-11-2014, 06:27 AM
In your options there's a pull down to choose which color picker to use.

objuan
09-11-2014, 07:17 AM
There she is, thanks again ernpchan.

Just out of curiosity, are there folks that love the new color picker? Why? Am I missing something? Not having a visual gradient for the black and white-atude of your current color is killing me. Some times the thin middle bar seems to do that, and sometimes it seems like diagonal on the left square does it, but it doesn't seem consistent to me. Despite playing with it for a while, I'd be lying if I said I understood it's logic? Granted, I have been up for way too long...

ernpchan
09-11-2014, 07:28 AM
I like that I can color pick from anywhere in the screen. That's been really helpful since I usually have a lot of reference images up.

If you have feature requests you should submit them since the developer of Jovian works for the LW3DG.

spherical
09-11-2014, 06:26 PM
Might help to read:
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?142520-Color-Picker-missing-feature&highlight=jovian
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?136762-Thanks-NT-for-LW11-6-s-color-picker!!&highlight=jovian

rwhunt99
09-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Here is a video that might help explain the new color picker : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfmLTJDye8g#t=14

objuan
09-15-2014, 06:52 PM
Well no wonder I hate the new color picker, mine is different from the link you sent rwhunt99, that looks pretty cool. Mine does not. Here is a screen grab with my color picker in front of the vid you sent.

How do I get the useful one?

I'm on Widows 8.1 btw

ernpchan
09-15-2014, 07:11 PM
Yours isn't that far off. Your 'Library' is just closed. Hard to tell but it could just be the difference between Mac and PC UI.

objuan
09-15-2014, 07:40 PM
Ernest you know I love you, but it is more than just the "Library."

His top left square has a nice logical hue spectrum from left to right, times, value from top to bottom - which looks like a very easy way to pick a color.

My top left square has a, well, I don't know what the heck it has - but I don't like it.

ernpchan
09-15-2014, 08:28 PM
Oh I see what you're talking about. I think there's a setting to change that. Unfortunately I'm not in front of a workstation now so can't look up what it is. Unless someone beats me to it, I'll look it up after dinner.

djwaterman
09-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Just go to the tabs marked Hue, Sat, and Value. Click on the Sat one if you want to see the picker you're showing as the one you want. I usually have it set on Hue myself. The new color picker is really very good once you realize all those options are there, but seems a bit weird if you just accept it at face value without exploring it.

ernpchan
09-15-2014, 08:39 PM
Thanks djwaterman!

jeric_synergy
09-15-2014, 08:46 PM
A lot of users don't seem to "get" that those are BUTTONS, not just labels. Selecting them changes the display to various USEFUL options. 8~

If we had balloon help.....

objuan
09-15-2014, 08:46 PM
Yeah thanks DJ, although I feel really stupid now, as I have been looking all over, and there it was right in front of me. Good thing it wasn't a snake.

ernpchan
09-15-2014, 08:53 PM
Sometimes you have to be adventurous and treat things like a dvd menu. Start randomly clicking around for the Easter egg. :D

jeric_synergy
09-15-2014, 08:56 PM
Playing with the complement indicators is fun, and esp. useful for those like me with a crap sense of color. Well, it's not really a sense, more like 'taste'.

spherical
09-16-2014, 10:15 PM
Yeah thanks DJ, although I feel really stupid now, as I have been looking all over, and there it was right in front of me. Good thing it wasn't a snake.

Didn't read through those two threads I pointed you to?