PDA

View Full Version : hardware key not found

Hervé
11-26-2003, 09:01 AM
hardware key not found ,that's what it says.... well I had to re-install windows2000, so all my apps were moved (?) so now they are not in the program file, some of them still work, some others not at all, and LW says "hardware key not found, and can't initialize ..." but the dongle is attached , so where do I go from here..?

Thanks, Hervé

Hervé
11-26-2003, 09:09 AM
ok, i've reinstalled the driver for sentinel, but it still says dongle not found......

Hervé
11-26-2003, 09:10 AM
sorry I meant it runs now in demo mode....

meshmaster
11-26-2003, 09:40 AM
file with your correct liscense. You should have gotten it from Newtek. Always make a backup copy of that text file and save it in about 5 different places in case something happens.

rko
11-26-2003, 10:14 AM
I also dit get the "hardware key not found" kind of error when i first installed LW.
I always use the custom installations so i know what i install. I also dit this with LW and the drivers. I have a USB dongle and only installed the USB driver and it dit not work. After reinstalling it with USB and Parallel driver it dit work.

hrgiger
11-26-2003, 10:19 AM
First make sure your licenses key is correct in your id file in your lightwave programs folder.

Secondly, I'm actually having this happen to me here and there. I've called Newtek and they think my dongle might be going bad. You can buy a new one but they also said if you're getting LW 8 to ask for it then and it would most likely be free with your upgrade. Get the USB dongle, they're less buggy.

Hervé
11-26-2003, 10:54 AM
hi there, well I might just call NT tomorrow, something weird happened, ... I openend a file named LICENSE.KEY, and that file disappeared whe I closed it...?????????!!!!!!!!, Now I have another file named License, that might be that, but I am not sure coz i have other license numbers for plugins..... so I might call NT tomorrow.....

Last question... if I have to re-install LW from my 7 CD, can I copy all my other license numbers in it ?