PDA

View Full Version : NEW Speed Modeling Challenge #271 - Video Games (IGNORE POKEMON CHALLENGE)

Samoht VII
09-09-2014, 11:00 PM
So funny story. Pokemon has already been done. By me..... I forgot and search it today and realized I had already done this. I am dumb etc etc.

So here is the new challenge and ignore the other one...

Speed Modeling Challenge #271 - Video Games

Rules:
1. Every week there will be a subject for you to model along with a time limit. You should spend no longer than the allocated time, then post a render of your model. As in most challenges like this, your honesty on modelling times is essential. How you interpret the brief is up to you as long as the final model conforms to what is asked for.
2. Post a wire-frame and a render at 800x600 or larger. (For wireframe help go to: http://www.artssphere.com/plugins/polygoncoloring.php
3. LightWave must be used for modelling. 3rd party Plug-ins are allowed.
4. You can enter as many times as you like, posting each in this thread. If you run over the time, the model can still be posted but won't be subject to the judging.
5. Time spent on texturing, setting up a scene for a render and rendering is not included in the allocated period.
6. The winner is judged by the challenge starter and the prize is to set up the challenge after next week's.

This week's challenge : Anything Video game. Arcade machines, Kirby, Shells, Mushy's and Plasma grenades. Anything and everything about video games.

Modeling Time : 60 minutes.

Challenge Ends: 15th

Samoht VII
09-15-2014, 06:25 PM
Has something happened to challenges that no one wants to keep doing them?

unstable
09-16-2014, 07:42 AM
I asked the same question about 2 weeks ago. It had 95 views and no comments. I enjoy watching the competition, but I have noticed a severe drop in participation. Maybe its because people are really busy or the topics aren't interesting or maybe its just run its course. That's why I asked if maybe a render challenge would be of interest. In fact, since there is a thread where the past speed models are shared, maybe pick one model per week that everyone has to use and render it any way you want to match the week's topic similar to a speed modeling challenge. This is just a thought, but it did seem like some of the past speed modeling winners were selected based more on their render than their wires.