PDA

View Full Version : Rendering issue

ianay
09-09-2014, 05:45 AM
Ive recently started rendering a scene which is a pretty standard street scene.
The 1st render took 4 mins 30, the second render 4.59, the 3rd Render 5.55 and this continued growing throughout the 350 frames Until eventually each frame is 40 odd minutes long, with the same models throughout the scene and no extra effects added anywhere, it also does the same with any scene i render on this machine.
Only way I could solve it was letting it render frame 1, then stopping render and starting at frame 2, stop after frame 2 and render frame 3 and so on...and so on.. This gets to be a bit 'irritating' at the very least
Ive tried rendering same scene on my laptop and i don't get this problem but it takes 15 mins per frame on laptop as its not as fast as my desktop
This has happened pretty suddenly and the only thing I can thionk of that is perhaps causing this is hard drive space? I only have 60gb space on my hard drive.
Anyone any idea what is causing this problem?

Amurrell
09-09-2014, 06:29 AM
Are you using global illumination with cache radiosity on? I hear this causes and increase of rendering time per frame.

meshpig
09-09-2014, 07:29 AM
Sometimes you go F it and whack the res, adaptive samples, texture and light samples up uncomsciously to how you think it ought to be and then forget it F's with your preview render times?

ianay
09-09-2014, 08:51 AM
Amurrell
I did indeed have Global with Cache turned..
I have just switched it off and...
ITS SORTED!!
THIS is why these forums were 'invented'!

Thanks again guys!

Amurrell
09-11-2014, 10:50 PM
You may get flickering now, but RebelHill has a tutorial on how to lower this effect on his youtube channel. Also pure brute force Monte Carlo can reduce this effect, but at a cost of render time.