PDA

View Full Version : Motion Blur on flocking objects

Emmanuel
09-07-2014, 07:17 AM
Hi, folks, I seem to be unable to have hypervoxels or any kind of geometry attached to flocking agents show motion blur. Any idea if there is a solution to this ? No motion blur is a real showstopper. Tried to crank all up, even with 20 passes no MB.

prometheus
09-07-2014, 07:27 AM
not sure, since instancing and hypervoxels are sort of dependent of particles, make sure to check particle blur in camera properties/motion effects under motion blur.

prometheus
09-07-2014, 07:32 AM
seems to work with standard particles and motion blur without checking particle blur, so you must have missed something

prometheus
09-07-2014, 07:37 AM
seems to work with standard particles and motion blur without checking particle blur, so you must have missed something

and it works with flocking too

activate dof/Mblur preview in the openGL viewport, increase length, and dont forget to activate motion blur too:)
check what type of camera you are using too.

Emmanuel
09-07-2014, 07:44 AM
Maybe You could have a quick look at the very simple scene, please ?https://www.dropbox.com/s/0s1lyq2dmt478lk/NoBlur.zip?dl=0

Emmanuel
09-07-2014, 07:48 AM
Cause what I get is this: perfectly blurred particle based things and the flocking voxels have no mb but this strange ghosting instead:124071

prometheus
09-07-2014, 09:00 AM
well you do have motion blur in that scene right? at leas I can see it.
photoreal isnīt looking as nice as dither, but you would have to read up on photoreal blur I guess.
it may also be artifacts using surface voxels on together with geometry blur...maybe.

motion blur passes 20..and it works fine with photoreal blur and real lens camera at least, the voxels I donīt know really..for the moment.

Emmanuel
09-07-2014, 09:08 AM
Thanks, I guess I need to send it to NT, maybe know a solution.

prometheus
09-07-2014, 09:12 AM
the scene feels odd, I donīt see the geometry atttached to flocking? nor the emitter and each object is a single object and not instanced?

anyway, as far as i can see it works with hypervoxels surface mode and the geometry

124073 124074

prometheus
09-07-2014, 09:17 AM
Ah...you fx linked the object to the emitters, but why..the flocking doesnīt work in this scene..it is just flocking without any items doing itīs thing outside of the scene so to speak, so you have two particle systems..one not
affecting the scene in rendering or motion behavior(flocking) and you have the old particle system..
instead of fx linking the objects to the emitters, you should have added instancer on the flock generator and pick particle mode, and also activate the flock generator in hypervoxels.

but thatīs a different story.. regarding motion blur the fx linking should work with motion blur and I donīt see any issue with it really.

Emmanuel
09-07-2014, 09:42 AM
Thats strange. Basically its all just a messy test scene, there are two systems: I used Dynamic Linking cause I didnt think of using the instancer with particles back then, but I definitly activated the Flock in the Hypervoxels editor, I think. I really just wanted to quickly test flocking with HVs, instead of using an instanced object.
As I wrote originally, the strange thing is that in this scene, the geometry linked to particles and the HVs using the second emitter do work with MB, but for me the Flocking with the HVs doesnt accept motion blur but gives strange ghosted images.So You get motion blur, I dont, what did You change exactly ? Thanks !!!

Emmanuel
09-07-2014, 09:56 AM
This is a new scene, new screenshot, there isnt much to it, flocking with generator, goal, Hypervoxels added to the Flock, volumetric AA on, motion blur activated....nothing. Either I am missing somethingt obvious today, or something with my LW installation is wrong.

prometheus
09-07-2014, 10:49 AM
Ah...you fx linked the object to the emitters, but why..the flocking doesnīt work in this scene..it is just flocking without any items doing itīs thing outside of the scene so to speak.
instead of fx linking the objects to the emitters, you should have added instancer on the flock generator and pick particle mode, and also activate the flock generator in hypervoxels.

uhmm...the flocking system needs calculation and it is behaving very differently compared to the fx emitter.
what I rendered out was the hypervoxels you had applied to the hv emitter, I didnīt recognize you also had flocking activated in the hv tab too..so yes, I see the issue with hypervoxels in the flocking system.
with a ghosting look.
It needs more checking which I donīt have the time for more at this moment, a workaround might be to save the flocking out as pfx file and load back in on a null or emitter.

it might also work by saving the flock to cachefiles and check use cache, in order for the camera to recognize the velocity data and thus motion blur...but I am not sure

Emmanuel
09-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Thank You very much for Your help ! Now I know its not a trick of the mind ;)

prometheus
09-07-2014, 11:42 AM
Thank You very much for Your help ! Now I know its not a trick of the mind ;)

tested with cached files, itīs still the same and no proper motion blur on the hvīs applied to flocking, so it remains to test saved flocking to pfx files.

Michael

Emmanuel
09-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Tested it, works as it should. It would be great if NT would fix that ASAP, as motion blur is vital for animations, and flocking is *all about* animations :/