PDA

View Full Version : RHiggit Free Tools Updated

RebelHill
09-07-2014, 06:45 AM
So... I've posted today a pretty well featured update to the Free edition of my RHiggit toolset (v205). A few fixes, various improvements, and also some user requested new features are to be found.

Highlights include...

- Unified Pose and Motion toolset
- Full featured Motion Baker
- Quick IK setup
- Splines setup on items, hierarchies or from motion paths.
- And plenty more, all delivering a fast, user friendly workflow when working with general rigging or animation tasks.

You can download the toolset from the link in the features table here... www.rebelhill.net/html/rhiggit

Additionally, I've also finally finished off the documentation videos for all the different tools found within, so now... you can actually see how to use them, and what they can do without having to guess.
- Animation Toolbox video docs start here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb9L_cUpc_A&index=26&list=PLTds3QePYrWGUd7fMuNAivIsORvpnKDqX
- Rigging Toolbox video docs start here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMgVjgreplA&index=31&list=PLTds3QePYrWGUd7fMuNAivIsORvpnKDqX

I've also added (and will continue to add more) videos that show using the tools in concert with one another to go through something from beginning to finish...

As you can see in this quick,easy, full character rigging demonstration...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4nUt2-08Fs

Cheers.

raw-m
09-07-2014, 07:43 AM
RebelMountain!

JohnMarchant
09-07-2014, 10:43 AM
Thanks Chris

jwiede
09-07-2014, 11:46 AM
RH, are these tools already present for "non-free" Rhiggit Pro users, or do we need to update something to get the latest versions?

RebelHill
09-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Yep... all the latest additions to these are in the latest RHiggit Pro and Lite updates too.

raw-m
09-08-2014, 09:04 AM
Hi RH. On the Mac, every time I select any of the filters in RH Animation Toolbox/Curves, with the exception of Quick Clean, I get an instant LW crash. I just have to select Flatten Holds/Reduce Basic/Euler from the drop down, release, GE pops up and I then get an instant crash.

RebelHill
09-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Hmm... only thing I can think is that its a mac LW related problem... that's gonna be hard to diagnose, and possibly there may or may not be a way to code round it.

Try loading the attached test version into master plugins (via LS/RT to save the need to actually install the plugin) and try running filters from there. You'll get a run of info messages as the script executes certain functions... just try a few things, note down what you're doing, and the set of infos that appear up until any crash occurs.

Cheers.

raw-m
09-08-2014, 10:26 AM
I'll give it a try later when I get this job out the way. Really enjoying using the tools, it's already helped massively in getting things done.

One possible feature request. I'm copying a pose from one item to multiple other nulls but the script only allows pasting one selection at a time. Anyway to paste the Pose to all selected items at the same time?

RebelHill
09-08-2014, 11:15 AM
Hmm... an interesting and possibly quite useful special selection case. Think I can add that in the next round. In the meantime, remember poses/motions once copied are stored until another one is copied in its place, so you can just... copy, pick, paste, pick, paste, pick, paste, etc.

Cheers.

raw-m
09-10-2014, 05:33 AM
Hi RH. Just a couple more observations (forgive me if I've missed a setting somewhere!).

Using your Rigging Toolbox, I'm doing a lot of batch transformations in Compensate mode. What I've noticed is that as soon as a setting is changed all but one of my items are de-selected. If I want to tweak something I have to re-select. Any way to leave items selected?

Also, it might be nice to add the Clear All Assigns button to the tool box, for ease (but again, I might have missed it if it is there!).

chikega
09-10-2014, 09:39 PM
Awesome! :)

RebelHill
09-11-2014, 08:25 AM
as soon as a setting is changed all but one of my items are de-selected. If I want to tweak something I have to re-select. Any way to leave items selected?.. Also, it might be nice to add the Clear All Assigns button to the tool box...

Included for the next outing.

raw-m
09-20-2014, 04:50 AM
I'm getting an error when using Bake Motion on a null, but only when I turn off Scale:

Line 318, invalid argument 1 value to method setKeyCurve()

Chernoby
10-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Oy. The animation toolbox is great. But for some reason if I do the auto make IK chain my deformations are wonky. If I set everything up with orient constraints etc and manually do the IK chains then everything works. Any ideas? I use a Mac.

Pics below. The model is from DAZ and the DAZ weight maps are applied to both manual IK and the auto IK set up124812124813.

pinkmouse
10-28-2014, 06:08 PM
Don't seem to be able to download these ATM, the link on the Shares goes to an ISP holding page...

Oedo 808
10-28-2014, 07:05 PM
Don't seem to be able to download these ATM, the link on the Shares goes to an ISP holding page...

I think that part is redundant now.

Have a look here:

You can download the toolset from the link in the features table here... www.rebelhill.net/html/rhiggit

I think you get these as part of RHiggit! free now.

Chernoby
11-11-2014, 05:58 PM
Oy. The animation toolbox is great. But for some reason if I do the auto make IK chain my deformations are wonky. If I set everything up with orient constraints etc and manually do the IK chains then everything works. Any ideas? I use a Mac.

Pics below. The model is from DAZ and the DAZ weight maps are applied to both manual IK and the auto IK set up124812124813.

My fault. Had nothing to do with the tool; I had switched fall off mode from 128 to 16 and weight are harsh so they deformed weird. Great tool!

CraigOZ
01-03-2015, 08:58 PM
So I have downloaded the free version, added the plugins but when I try to load the menu to show the tools via edit menu layout nothing appears. So I am unable to use this product.

Any suggestions, also an installation guild would help as it is a matter of guessing. You also need to do an installation/intro video on this product please.

Thanks
Craig

RebelHill
01-04-2015, 08:16 AM
You can add the menu branches (cfg files) in the zip to your menus... though there's only 2 pairs of plugins in the free... the "_Box" versions... which are master plugins (and can be accessed from the master plugins interface once added to LW), and the "Toolbox" versions... which are just button launchers for the "box" ones, you can add to your menus anywhere you like.

Yes, must add the basic docs to free version.

jeric_synergy
07-30-2015, 11:27 PM
RH, using the Free version, Animation Toolbox doesn't seem to be included in the menu branch included with the distro, and adding/selecting it results in "Error: Can't find specified server".

Is this the proper behaviour? Thanks.

LW 11.6.3

jeric_synergy
07-30-2015, 11:51 PM
In case it matters: if I try to and AnimBox as a Scene Master, I get this:

ernpchan
12-18-2015, 10:20 AM
Does the toolbox also key all the morph channels of an object?

RebelHill
12-18-2015, 10:43 AM
It does not, no.

ernpchan
12-18-2015, 12:09 PM
It does not, no.

Ok thanks for the quick response.

bobakabob
12-18-2015, 05:41 PM
Brilliant CA animation tools!