PDA

View Full Version : Kray Interior setup

roger1972
09-04-2014, 12:39 AM
There have been a lot of people asking me to share my interior setup, so here you go :-)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12818290/kraysetup.zip

OFF
09-04-2014, 04:48 AM
Thanks!

Oedo 808
09-04-2014, 10:15 AM
I've been meaning to take a closer look at Kray, as I really like a lot of the renders I've seen done with it.

Thanks for sharing this :thumbsup:

Snosrap
09-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Yes - this really helps! I've been testing Maxwell and Octane, but Kray seems to be more LW friendly. I only wish it had a real-time preview.

jwiede
09-04-2014, 01:00 PM
I'm a big fan of Kray, it was one of my first big third-party plugin purchases, specifically to address "indoor GI performance" issues in LW. In many respects, it is (or was, and might be again) a strong competitor to Vray w.r.t. the performance, functionality, etc. it brought to LW. Render improvements in LW10 & LW11 arguably mitigated some of LW's GI issues that made Kray so important, though I personally feel it is as needed today as circa 9.3.3 era when I purchased it, at least for indoor GI rendering.

It languished a bit during the long Kray V3 development period, and Mindberries still seem a bit unsure to whom they're targeting Kray V3, but the render engine itself is looking pretty amazing. Regardless of where else they market Kray, it should receive at least equivalent capabilities in V3 as V2 had w.r.t. LW integration (plus multipass support, hopefully). If you aren't getting what you need in terms of GI rendering performance from LW, you should definitely evaluate Kray.

Longer-view, Kray actually has the potential to be a real player in the third-party renderer market, but moving beyond the LW market will require a LOT of work from them, and I hope LW support doesn't suffer as a result. I'm committed to upgrading to Kray V3 just to support Mindberries (even if there's a decent chance it'll wind up as the last $ I spend in the "LW market"), but I'm a bit concerned about the sheer number of third-party renderers in the market of late, and whether Kray is "different enough" to make a niche for itself. We'll see.

abdelkarim
11-09-2014, 03:10 PM
hey guys . here my setup in the same scn. this one my very old setup but still good ^^ . :thumbsup:

here u can find scn and render with poste .

jburford
11-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Thanks for sharing!

abdelkarim
11-09-2014, 03:41 PM
lightwave3D render sRGB

5minutes render time. gi3minutes . AA2minutes . :santa:

im not expert with lightwave native . i just want to share the render with u guys to compart with kray .