PDA

View Full Version : youtube searches-my clips donīt show up in filter searches for recent and upload date

prometheus
09-03-2014, 05:55 PM
I am so frustrated how youtube searches constantly screw up a proper search based on lightwave, it has had all kinds of weirdness before when only searching for lightwave.

some week and two-three weeks ago I uploaded some clips related to and tagged with lightwave..well directly after I could youtube search to make sure they show up in peoples searches.
now for a couple of days ago..doing a lightwave search and filter to upload date, my clips are gone..and not even results months ago shows my clips.

Now I went in to the video manager and did some resaving, and suddenly the clips started to appear in lightwave searches and filtering set to upload date, exactly what resaving I did to make it so..I donīt know.
And I wonder how many clips there are out there with lightwave tags, that simply donīt make it or becomes unvisible after some time?
I wonder if the clips will become invisible soon again.

spherical
09-03-2014, 06:35 PM
I presume that you're re-saving various settings on clips that are still there? Odd. Can you search on a very unique term that isn't in the tags, just to see if the search returns one at all?

prometheus
09-03-2014, 06:48 PM
I presume that you're re-saving various settings on clips that are still there? Odd. Can you search on a very unique term that isn't in the tags, just to see if the search returns one at all?

Uhmm search for a uniqe term that isnīt in the tags, whatīs the point of that?..It shouldnīt find anything related to my clips with that..so do I misunderstand you here? :stumped:

spherical
09-03-2014, 06:52 PM
Well, usually, the videographer has some amount of text that accompanies the clip that explains in more informative detail what it is about or why it is important or cool.

prometheus
09-03-2014, 07:17 PM
ah...forgot that, tagg respons from text description.

tested...searched for volumetric lights and filter to upload date, gives no search result for my clip and only results from 3 months ago.
my nebula clip has that in the description and not in the tags.

I might add that I mostly also add lightwave in the description and titles too, so doing a search based upon something in the description but not in the tags wouldnīt make any difference I guess in terms of getting any decent back
in the search results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl8KgnxJLu4

spherical
09-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Yes, that's what I was looking for. Odd that they're there and not returning results. Did you piss off Google? :D

prometheus
09-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Yes, that's what I was looking for. Odd that they're there and not returning results. Did you piss off Google? :D

piss off google, who doesnt?...seriously they do it to me with lousy picasaweb changes, poor UI and lousy search results.
But no..I havenīt heard anything from them about anything, I rarely do comments....and mostly civil such if any, so I donīt think so.

spherical
09-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Nah, I meant doing (or appearing to be doing) Black Hat SEO, so they penalized your content. We got hit with a serious penalty when the first Pandas were enabled. Weren't doing anything nefarious at all, it just at first appeared to be that way to their algorithm at the time. It's since been refined, such that it isn't throwing the baby out with the bathwater by doing things with a wide brush anymore, so everything returned to normal; but it took months. Stating our case helped in getting them on the right track.

calilifestyle
09-07-2014, 02:20 AM
Try out http://wistia.com/

stiff paper
09-11-2014, 07:28 AM
YouTube searches have been giving screwy results for a long, long time now. Filtering by "Upload date" has been useless for at least two years, I'd say.

It used to be possible to do a search for LightWave, maybe once a week, order the results by upload date, and then look through the results until you saw a video you recognized and you'd know that was all the new stuff since you last looked. That no longer works. As in it doesn't work at all. Oh, it looks like it works. YouTube pretends that it's showing you all the results, but it isn't. I have a bunch of bookmarks for LightWave users on YouTube that I thought were worth checking every so often. Often now I'll find something new by looking at one of my user bookmarks that won't show up in the upload date results unless you search for its exact, full name.

And that's for things with the word "LightWave" in the title! So that's just broken.

I have to assume that Google has what it thinks are good reasons for a) continually mucking about with the way search works, and b) making date-added exclude certain results.

prometheus
09-11-2014, 03:42 PM
YouTube searches have been giving screwy results for a long, long time now. Filtering by "Upload date" has been useless for at least two years, I'd say.

It used to be possible to do a search for LightWave, maybe once a week, order the results by upload date, and then look through the results until you saw a video you recognized and you'd know that was all the new stuff since you last looked. That no longer works. As in it doesn't work at all. Oh, it looks like it works. YouTube pretends that it's showing you all the results, but it isn't. I have a bunch of bookmarks for LightWave users on YouTube that I thought were worth checking every so often. Often now I'll find something new by looking at one of my user bookmarks that won't show up in the upload date results unless you search for its exact, full name.

And that's for things with the word "LightWave" in the title! So that's just broken.

I have to assume that Google has what it thinks are good reasons for a) continually mucking about with the way search works, and b) making date-added exclude certain results.

yes..you summed up my experience to ..the last two years I think.