PDA

View Full Version : Network manager solutions ?

Pavlov
09-02-2014, 09:19 AM
Hello,
i've been using BNR for a while but i'm quite tired of it.
Which are the PRO solutions you would suggest ? I've been adviced about these:

- renderpal
- squidnet
- Royalrender

Other ones ? Possibly, one thing i badly need is a bucket-like preview of single frame distributed rendering. Squidnet does, i don't know about others. The incoming Lightspeed does too but i've no new about development for a while.

Thanks in advance,
Paolo

ernpchan
09-02-2014, 09:25 AM
At the places I've worked Rush is the render controller. It works and the developer is very helpful. I'm not sure how it compares in cost compared to other controllers.

devin
09-02-2014, 10:00 AM
We've had great results from SquidNet and Ralph, the developer, has always been very responsive and helpful. My only current concern is that the once regular updates have stalled since Dec. 2013 and announced dates for new features such as cloud rendering and in-app plugins have continually slipped for a couple of years now.

Pavlov
09-02-2014, 10:08 AM
About Squidnet - UI seems extremely complex and uber-rich. Is it a snappy solution, anyway, or something for geeks ?
I've 4 guys here so i cant handle complex tools. It must be a open app - add scene to queue - pick nodes - hit OK.

Paolo

lightscape
09-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Join me in requesting a lw 11.7 update on the "prehistoric screamernet". Needs to be updated asap.
Ability to have priorities, que, easy installer.

Pavlov
09-02-2014, 10:35 AM
... and bucket-like preview. I'm with you, i'm asking it for years :)

Paolo

Ztreem
09-02-2014, 01:28 PM
I've used Amleto and was very pleased. Lightweight, easy to install and use. Supports rendering of one frame on several nodes.
It's also free. :-)