PDA

View Full Version : (PBF) Like Bandsaw, but at 90 degrees?

jeric_synergy
08-30-2014, 02:37 PM
PBF= Probable Brain Fart

I was looking at erikals' video in this thread, post #5:http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?139851-Skew-a-mesh

And I wondered "Is there a tool that works like BANDSAW, but would put cuts into a selection at right angles to a Bandsaw cut?"

That would be a series of discontinuous divisions, not a continuous loop, and would be at right angles to what Bandsaw does.

Matt's got a tool that does that for polygon loops, but I think it's restricted to loops. ("Slice Ring"?)

???

Sensei
08-30-2014, 05:42 PM
But this video is about fruits and particles... No Modeler is used.

jeric_synergy
08-30-2014, 06:26 PM
But this video is about fruits and particles... No Modeler is used.
D'oh! FIXED:
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?139851-Skew-a-mesh

lertola2
08-30-2014, 09:46 PM
You could subdivide the mesh once. That would give you a vertical and horizontal division in the middle of each quad. Then you could band glue the horizontal divisions together. That would leave you with the original horizontal divisions but twice as many vertical divisions.

-Joe

jeric_synergy
08-30-2014, 10:04 PM
You could subdivide the mesh once. That would give you a vertical and horizontal division in the middle of each quad. Then you could band glue the horizontal divisions together. That would leave you with the original horizontal divisions but twice as many vertical divisions.
-Joe
WHOA!!! I didn't know Bandglue could do that! :bowdown:

Totallly surprised. Hat off to you, Lertola! :thumbsup:

+++
Would that be something someone would find valuable (but not very) as a script?

+++
In other news: I checked EDGE PACK and apparently I mis-remembered: I was thinking there was some LOOP functions and some RING functions, and the RING was different (possibly the way I wanted), but it seems that an EDGE PACK 'ring' is essentially the edges that are in line/perpendicular with a poly loop.