PDA

View Full Version : time line markers - how use them?

3dworks
08-30-2014, 08:39 AM
is there anything which makes markers in the timeline usable? if i add a comment, where should it actually appear? also, i did not find any 'jump to next marker' command yet, no trigger key seems to make the time line >>+ and +<< buttons behave like this. sorry, trying this feature the first time, but cannot find any documentation of it. if i enter 'marker' in LW help, nothing is found at all. are there any plugins enhancing this feature?

cheers

markus

Ryan Roye
08-30-2014, 09:57 AM
is there anything which makes markers in the timeline usable? if i add a comment, where should it actually appear?

Gold text should appear at the bottom of the UI when a marker with "marker text" is where the playhead is currently positioned. Otherwise, I consider it fairly useless in all but the most extreme cases.

jeric_synergy
08-30-2014, 10:27 AM
1) please report the lack of documentation as a BUG on Fogbugz.* --Even if the info IS there, the fact that you can't locate it qualifies it as a bug.

2) please suggest JUMP TO MARKER as a Feature Request, on Fogbugz. I use that capability all the time in AE, so I can see it being useful.

You can copy the FReq to the forum here too, for further discussion. http://forums.newtek.com/forumdisplay.php?27-LW-Feature-Requests

*this is the established way to report shortcomings in the dox.