PDA

View Full Version : is there work in L.A.?

johnnyh66
03-05-2003, 11:41 AM
I'm a 3d artist based out of Chicago. With the slowing economy has come a lack of video production work. Lately, I've been thinking about moving to L.A. I've seen several job listings in the L.A. area over the past few months on many different job boards and I was just wondering how many unemployed 3d artist are floating around out there.

I've got over 7 years professional experience, a decent portfolio and a strong resume on my side... any suggestions?

Thanks,
John

NanoGator
03-09-2003, 04:48 PM
I'm curious about this myself. My family wants to move to California, so I'm eyeballing the LA area. I'm not as experienced, but I do have useful talents.

gaushell
07-26-2005, 05:28 PM
Johnny,

Shoot me a resume if interested in something other than LA. We are a Lightwave company and have been around since 1992.

www.2dimes.com

Regards,

JamesCurtis
07-26-2005, 09:23 PM
Hey Charles,

I've also been trying to find work in 3D. I'm in Ohio, but would be willing to relocate. My freelance website is at http://www.jmcgraphics.com, if you'd like to check out my work. I have been using Lightwave for over 12 years. Interested?

Chuck
07-27-2005, 08:26 AM
Yes, there is work in LA. A number of houses that use LightWave are looking for staff - unfortunately they usually use private lists and forums for this. If you have really good work to show, then the best approach might be to send your reel around.