PDA

View Full Version : Tricaster 850 Video Codecs

Marty01
08-27-2014, 02:38 PM
It would be nice if the TC850 would work with the files recorded on the TC460. I recorded in the AVI format on the TC460, but they won't play back in SpeedEdit on the TC850. Guess I should have tried it before hand. I thought that would give me a little better quality than using the MPEG record format which does work on the 460.

If there is a file I can install to make this work, that would be great.

Marty

SBowie
08-27-2014, 03:04 PM
You could try installing the latest SpeedHQ codecs on your 850 (I'm a bit surprised that the latest build for 850 doesn't already have them), and that just might work; otherwise, you might download SE for your 460, and one dearly hopes that would work.

Marty01
08-27-2014, 03:24 PM
I have SpeedEdit on my 460 and it does play them. I'll try installing the latest SpeedHQ codecs on the 850 and see if it works. I'm running the latest software version on the 850, but the latest codec pack may be different.

Thanks,
Marty

Marty01
08-27-2014, 03:48 PM
I installed the latest codec pack download but that didn't work. Each icon has a frame of the video showing on it, but I only get black when playing. Also get black only when trying to convert the file to SpeedHQ on the 850. For some reason, it doesn't like that flavor of AVI. Guess I will convert them to SpeedHQ on the 460 and then I think it will work. At least I did that last night with some other files by rendering the timeline and they played on a VT5.

Marty

edmellnik
09-23-2014, 05:28 PM
It would also be nice if the Quicktime files made when rendering in SE would play on my Mac. These files are not the same as the 422 files that are recorded in my 860 live.
I hve an older mac (G5's) Final Cut. I can load QT files that were recorded on the 860 but not files from SpeedEdit. This is poor compatibility.

kanep
09-26-2014, 11:28 AM
The default Quicktime codec recorded in TriCaster is MPEG-2 based (make to look like XDCAM) and is different than SpeedHQ which is what SpeedEdit defaults to.

Getting a HD compressed file into a G5 is becoming more difficult. That machine is over 8 years old and pretty much all codecs are for Intel based OSX systems now. I don't think that Avid's DNxHD available for PowerPC anymore which is what I was going to first recommend using.

You could look at using a stock Quicktime codec. Otherwise if you don't mind spending few bucks, there is a 3rd party ProRes encoder for Windows.
http://www.miraizon.com/products/codecsoverview.html
I've not tried this codec with SpeedEdit, but it says it is compatible with Quicktime 7.