PDA

View Full Version : Record an M/E directly

fox56wolf
08-26-2014, 02:57 PM
Could we make that a feature request to directly record an ME out to the IsoCorder? It would be a big help! I'm already using Out2 for my pvw out...

JonRaidel
09-11-2014, 08:00 AM
hope this comes soon :)

stuartbrewton
10-24-2014, 01:27 AM
Why is is that we cannot record or output the M/Es as either iso record sources internal, or as an output that I can externally record?

I'm doing a 4 camera virtual set show using an M/E per camera for positioning or virtual set behind each angle, and I want to give the editor each iso married with the respective virtual set

JonRaidel
10-24-2014, 11:52 PM
I should ask what tricaster you are on.
But the TC8000 can assign an M/E to an output and record it.

I also want to be able to record M/Es internally much like camera sources

stuartbrewton
10-25-2014, 11:30 AM
I should ask what tricaster you are on.
But the TC8000 can assign an M/E to an output and record it.

I also want to be able to record M/Es internally much like camera sources

I'm on a tricaster 8000 with the latest build- it does not allow me to iso record 8 M/E busses along with a program record. you only have 3 outputs and I need to record a line cut on program, but 4 virtual set iso shots from m/e's 1-4. i would output them to tape sources externally if I could, but not enough outputs on the box. If i could record these M/E's internally as iso records then I would, but I don't seem to get them as sources in the iso record dialogue.

JonRaidel
10-25-2014, 11:47 AM
correct. its not an available feature

stoecklem
10-27-2014, 09:40 AM
I'm sure its not an easy thing since its such a hugely useful feature, but I sure hope it is possible and we can do this someday.

Red Dog Records
10-29-2014, 10:53 PM
+1 on this!

We have a 460 and it would be great to allow us to assign our M/Es to the other outputs (HDMI/VGA).

fox56wolf
11-07-2014, 06:48 PM
Red Dog - on a 460, you should be able to route an M/E to one of your spare outputs. You just can't put it in the IsoCorder, which is what we're asking for.

webslave
11-12-2014, 05:34 PM
I think you'll find the reason you can't do it is because M/E's are resource intensive and the box just isn't up to running that many M/E's at full-res and recording them. Could you imagine the poor Tricaster trying to do 8 virtual sets at once in real-time? Ouch!

kltv
11-12-2014, 10:45 PM
Well, with M/E re-entrance it kind of has to be able to calculate them all at full-res at the same time. Whether it can record it is another issue, but it has to be able to have full-time access to the composited outputs of the M/Es.

Kris

webslave
11-12-2014, 10:47 PM
Quite so, but even so have you ever tried pushing 8 v-sets down to program? I haven't, but I can't imagine it's pretty!

SBowie
11-13-2014, 06:05 AM
Aesthetics aside ... there was a time when we rather vigorously prevented TriCaster from doing too much at once. In more recent years, system resources having improved, there being so many diverse features in the system, and the likelihood of anyone using all of them at any one time being rather small, we are not as inclined to be 'in your face' about it, preferring to let users have access to all the tools in the assumption that they will use them judiciously. As a rule, if we find a way to let you reasonably safely do something, we do so. Generally, this more flexible design principle seems to work quite well. Still, cranking everything up to '11' would be probably be ill-advised.

JonRaidel
11-13-2014, 08:00 AM
Id gladly get rid of alot of the features tricaster has if it meant more video inputs and outputs :)