PDA

View Full Version : Help needed about Denis Pontonnier's Rman collection and plugs!

jaxtone
08-26-2014, 06:00 AM
Hi!

Years ago I guess I used these plugs but that was a while ago and I forgot how to use them!

I have been trying to install Denis Pontonnier's Rman collection for Lightwave 11.6 on a 64 bit win system but damn, this is almost impossible and I donīt get what I am doing wrong here! Are there any unknown problems between Denis plugins and LW 11.6.2 I do not know about? I can make them show up in modeler but nothing seems to happen when I save and export to Layout!

By the way how are you supposed to preview how theyīre gonna react in Layout when most of the start up work seems to be done in Modeler?

Are there any great tutorials of how I can use and get into the world of Denis Pontonnier and his Rman collection?

prometheus
08-26-2014, 06:06 AM
there are several types
rman node...only visible when you enter surface nodes or deform tab nodes.

Rman textures almost the same but directly accessable when you pull down standard surface procedural layers, marker pen etc.
if you are in nodes, I suggest simple type in marker, and you will find it

in nodes ..Rman collection usally ends up way down in the list right above spot.
so whatīs the problem? do you get errors when installing or do you just not find them where you think they should be? and did you properly install the right ones? for lw and up? and the correct 32 bit or 64 bit?

jaxtone
08-26-2014, 07:07 AM
I have installed the 64 bit for sure. I am trying to follow the basics to get into it but the problem is that there are no start up tutorials!

And I am also interested in how other objects and nulls can be used as forces to make items infected with Rman to react!

prometheus
08-26-2014, 08:05 AM
I have installed the 64 bit for sure. I am trying to follow the basics to get into it but the problem is that there are no start up tutorials!

And I am also interested in how other objects and nulls can be used as forces to make items infected with Rman to react!

infected? thatīs a new one:D

Xswampy had a nice sample or two, but I think they got broken in later lw version, not sure
and yeah ..not many tutorials I guess, for me i just drag every output to every input I can ....after all, itīs the only way to be sure:D
And sometime some cool stuff happen, and if I stop and think for a while at that moment, I start to understand.

But anyway, you were talking about the Rman collection? they donīt do asmuch as node funtions directly, merely being nice textures in noders and the other version, except for maybe how to use the marker pen.

jaxtone
08-26-2014, 01:33 PM
Oh, "infected" was definitely a misspelling :)

spherical
08-26-2014, 03:34 PM
And sometime some cool stuff happen, and if I stop and think for a while at that moment, I start to understand.

If I stop and think at that moment, my brain explodes. My Nodes Keystone has yet to drop into place.