PDA

View Full Version : Gavriil Klimov

rcallicotte
08-23-2014, 10:22 AM
Not sure where this should go in here, but please move it if it's inappropriate. This artist is incredible and he eventually addresses The Foundry's work on Modo since 501, if you go to the 3rd page in this thread. It's very good and well done. I appreciate his professionalism.

http://community.thefoundry.co.uk/discussion/topic.aspx?f=4&t=91552

Wickedpup
08-23-2014, 01:11 PM
Ooooooh....sounds like an oportunity for some mud slinging....now, where did I leave my popcorn?

Cageman
08-23-2014, 02:17 PM
This post. from SimonWu is disturbing. Yes, David Ikeda left, but not because of this:

"Last time I checked their main programmer left the company as the management was driving him nuts, so NT is not the best example in that area:)"

David left because he realized how much he wants to code for himself, rather than be in a team situation. He, simply felt, that he wants to try his own wings. There are no hard feelings between David and NT/LW3DG. Sad feelings, probably, but hard, not so much.

50one
08-23-2014, 02:32 PM
Hey Cageman,

Reading David's post on Facebook I can see someone who wasn't happy with were the LW is going and figure out that he don't like to be part of a team - but one-man-band instead.

What's so disturbing?

Oedo 808
08-23-2014, 03:18 PM
Not sure where this should go in here, but please move it if it's inappropriate. This artist is incredible and he eventually addresses The Foundry's work on Modo since 501, if you go to the 3rd page in this thread. It's very good and well done. I appreciate his professionalism.

http://community.thefoundry.co.uk/discussion/topic.aspx?f=4&t=91552

Got any thoughts of your own on what was said? I didn't really find "I just hope that The Foundry will address the performance issues (in general) and expand MF to allow users to choose the density of the output mesh and add more features that I'd like to see customization wise.. and last but not least, I truly hope that they focus A LOT of their energies in the modeling tools for the 901 release as I felt let down by the last 3 updates modeling wise." to be earth-shattering.

--------

Hey Cageman,

Reading David's post on Facebook I can see someone who wasn't happy with were the LW is going and figure out that he don't like to be part of a team - but one-man-band instead.

What's so disturbing?

I think because he followed up saying it was more him and the way he works than the LWG, because people were looking to blame it on them. I can't remember where the links were, wouldn't mind reading the initial comment.

rcallicotte
08-24-2014, 12:19 PM
I didn't care about the LW perturbations. I was mostly interested in seeing how well The Foundry forums take criticism and how wonderful this particular criticism really is. Gavriil is fair, polite and especially to the point. I like the "to the point" part, because these are things I would like to see as well.

Not that it will happen, but I was always sort of hoping that LW would get Meshfusion, too. It's such a fun tool.

Wickedpup
08-25-2014, 11:23 AM

This thread over at Liberty 3D almost makes it sound as he was fired.....http://www.liberty3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1080