PDA

View Full Version : How can I hype my short ?

rednova
08-21-2014, 02:46 PM
Dear Lightwave Friends:

I am new to sharing my work.
Let's say I make a beautiful animated short, and post it on my website.
How can I hype my short ?
How can I reach the cg community and share my work with them ?
How can I make sure many people would see my work ?
Is there a special contest I can join to compete with animated shorts ?
How can I make my short known to the world ?
Please help me !!!

cresshead
08-21-2014, 02:58 PM
http://www.shortoftheweek.com/category/style/animation/

try it

RebelHill
08-21-2014, 03:51 PM
Worry about making it first.

prometheus
08-21-2014, 05:44 PM
make it as good as it can be, that means it has a chance to be viral, like chris jones human progress, which gone viral and even showed up here in a little company selling some software and 3d printers.
It all starts with you.

post it in galleries, youtube and vimeo and maybe facebook...(and thatīs coming from someone whos intention is to stay away from facebook all my life:))
and google plus link the stuff all around.

just keep an eye out for alll possible contests, and google search animation contests and bookmark what is of interest.

Michael

Waves of light
08-22-2014, 03:05 AM
Maybe start to gain interest by doing a WIP, recording and showing some of the techniques you are using (for others to learn from). And only release the final version, once you are completely happy with it, using the methods stated above by other forum members.

Ryan Roye
08-22-2014, 07:54 AM
Post your 3d work on http://www.newgrounds.com/ , it's a site focused exclusively on animated content. If your content does well it will get exposure.

Sekhar
08-22-2014, 10:53 AM
Worry about making it first.

:thumbsup:

rednova
08-22-2014, 04:50 PM
Hi:
Thank you all for your quick replies.
I am not ready yet to make a short, but I am thinking about making a few shorts to increase my skill.

jeric_synergy
08-22-2014, 06:37 PM
Hi:
I am not ready yet to make a short, but I am thinking about making a few shorts to increase my skill.
No time like the present. Hop to it!

robertoortiz
08-23-2014, 07:17 AM
Well if you post at the IPDEV forum at the CGSociety I promise we will help you out with encouragement and reviews.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=2&t=1207954

And i will promote it when you are done.

vonpietro
08-28-2014, 02:55 PM
just an aside to marketing.. (youtube it, would be a good start.)

to help you on your short I recommend...
Start with a good concept, and make an animatic, work out all the timing first before lengthy renders.
Use primitives to block the action, and scene - skip vfx effects until later.
It might seem like a hassle or an extra step, trust me on even a short animation its worth it.
An animatic will help you work out most of the kinks of your short before you make all the fine details.

you can even render in quickshade a few seconds a frame, and dump it into premiere or your favorite editing software.

I like to add sound effects early.