PDA

View Full Version : He uses Lightwave

djwaterman
08-18-2014, 01:14 PM
I saw it on the call for French uses thread. Amazing work. I don't know if it is all LW or if he's using a non native renderer, but beautiful stuff.

http://5500k.fr/

khan973
08-18-2014, 02:47 PM
Mostly LightWave and a bit of Kray

sampei
08-18-2014, 03:01 PM
impressive, I especially like the interiors. Is it me or the product design section is empty? was curious to see some of these...

slv
08-22-2014, 08:34 AM
Hi all,
thank you very much to have an interest in my work,
Yes _ i used lightwave and LWcad of course for build my architectural scene, for render i used Kray ( this give me perfect GI and in some case i arrived to get same mood as maxwell render), ( Fprime for old render and sometimes i used Maxwell from maxwell plugin ( it see perfectly lightwave instances) for specific scene )) and rest are rendered with native engine.
Lightwave gives me a flexible tool, of course missing yet some extra tools and missing a simply or easy use of node editor for get true material behavior compared to Maxwell material editor.
Because material setup is 50% quality of render after is lighting and engine render that makes the rest.
just an info about the name of my compagny :5500k , it's the name of color temperature of natural light as 5500 kelvin degree . My work tries to approach photography and in some case it's difficult to get in because in architecture this is a lot of material with specific comportment and lightwave cannot simulated it, i hope in next Lightwave version ( LW12 ) Newtek will add some new engine and material editor.
Architectural scenes ( exterior and interior ) are everywhere , they are not only for Architect, you find it in video games, cinema ... and more.

for product design , i will put some image in few days...
thanks

djwaterman
08-23-2014, 06:09 AM
Yes, you really need to be profiled by LW3DG. I think you should check on the development of the Lightwiki surface preset project http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?143047-LightWave-Preset-Scene-*-for-building, when it's all up and running perhaps you could contribute some of your basic surface presets. As you said, material set up is 50% quality of the final render.

Waves of light
08-23-2014, 07:23 AM
Very impressive use of Lightwave. I like the exterior shots, especially the Chateau comps.

3dworks
08-24-2014, 02:43 AM
salut silvain,

nice to see some new, gorgeous renderings on your web site! ;-)

cheers

markus