PDA

View Full Version : Schlicks Approximation node with reflection blur. How?

djwaterman
08-17-2014, 03:28 AM
I'm using db & w's Schlicks Approximation node pumping it straight into the reflection channel ( the green one). It works well but if I want to put reflection blur on that what do I do?

Currently I ended up doing something with nodes to get a result but it can't be pumped into that green reflection channel and it takes quite a long time to render.

SaleVonGeist
08-17-2014, 06:40 AM
You can use one of the reflection shaders, set the ref blur amount there and plug it into reflection shading. With green reflection input you just define amount of reflection (and where they happen on object), and with Reflection shading red input you define the "look" of your reflections with shaders. Hope it helps.

JoePoe
08-17-2014, 08:14 AM
Also...

You can run Schlicks into a Standard Material node.
You can adjust the reflection blurring in the advanced tab right there.
Or, there is a dedicated input if you want to get creative with it.

(Edit: now that I think about it.... If you have Schlicks going straight into the Surface itself, aren't the blurring options out in the Environment tab of the standard surface editor available?
It's a pain to have to pop out of the node editor.... but it's there.)

djwaterman
08-17-2014, 08:22 AM
You can use one of the reflection shaders, set the ref blur amount there and plug it into reflection shading. With green reflection input you just define amount of reflection (and where they happen on object), and with Reflection shading red input you define the "look" of your reflections with shaders. Hope it helps.

Thanks for clearing up the difference between the two inputs.

SaleVonGeist
08-17-2014, 05:19 PM
Thanks for clearing up the difference between the two inputs.

No problem, I'm glad it was helpful. I'm sure it might not be technically correct explanation, but that's how I perceive it.

Cheers,
Sasa

Sensei
08-17-2014, 11:50 PM
Do you remember how I was making mine own reflection blurring in tutorials "How to Control Reflections".. ?

You can repeat this technique..