PDA

View Full Version : Fiber FX Long Hair using 2 point polys chains crash

alejoide
08-15-2014, 09:54 AM
PLEASE HELP!

Hi there.

After a long time using Sasquatch I decided to use Fiber FX for a change. I saw this tutorial online:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAIkGeV895I

I created the 2 point poly chains and had a 1 point poly at the root, and gave them surface names just like in the tutorial (hair and root). When I try to activate the object layer that contains the long hair guides, Lightwave crashes.
I'm trying to do it in both 11.5 64bits and 11.6 64bits.

What am I doing wrong?

P.S: If I delete the 1 point polys I can activate the layer in Fiber FX but the hair won't follow the guide. Instead it starts from the end point of the guide and drips down.

Kryslin
08-15-2014, 11:41 AM
Try this : Instead of creating your poly chains directly, draw your guides as splines, and use the strand maker tool to generate your 2 pt. polygons (Setup -> FIberFX -> Strand Maker).

Also, the latest iterations of fiberFX can use splines directly as guides, though I've not played with it and have read that it's a lot slower compared to using poly chains.

This should generate what FiberFX needs, though it will be on another layer. Part of what is not covered in the video is how to make your guides. FiberFX does not like guides created for Sasquatch.

alejoide
08-15-2014, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I'll give it a try.

erikals
08-15-2014, 12:34 PM
please share scene... easier to help this way...

alejoide
08-15-2014, 09:12 PM
It worked! for some reason Fiber FX doesn't like the hand made chains. Thanks for the help!