PDA

View Full Version : Hide bones!

jaxtone
08-14-2014, 03:38 AM
Is it anyone who knows how to hide bones in Layout?

jaxtone
08-14-2014, 04:42 AM
Oops!

No problem to fix that but since the procedure was to go through the Dope Sheet and pick out the bones one by one it seems like a very complicated way to hide all bones quick and dirty.

If there is another faster way of hiding all bones with a single click I would gladly listen to anyone who have a solution!

Dodgy
08-14-2014, 05:49 AM
Why aren't you just selecting all bones and then hiding them together?

jaxtone
08-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Do you mean in the Dope Editor?

ernpchan
08-14-2014, 11:06 AM
Yeah or the classic Scene Editor. Just select them all and go to Hide Selected Items.

RebelHill
08-14-2014, 11:13 AM
Or use the animation toolbox in the RHiggit free version... use Bones (or Bones+) selection mode, and click hide.

Ryan Roye
08-14-2014, 11:43 AM
No need for any plugins, just locate the function in the Lightwave menus called "select all bones of current object" or right click the topmost bone in the hierarchy. Then, in the scene editor, Ctrl-shift-right-click to bring up a mouse menu, and under "selection", pick "Highlight Viewport Selection". You can then disable the visibility of all the bones in your object easily this way.

If you're doing this a lot, use lscript commander to automate the process.

JoePoe
08-14-2014, 01:12 PM
Are they all on the interior of objects?
If so, can't you just turn off Bone X-Ray in viewport dropdown? (assuming no transparency is being used)

I guess you could still have a bit or two poking out in places....

prometheus
08-15-2014, 10:59 AM
you might be able to use the schematic view in the layout viewports, zoom out and middle mouse click and drag and select all bones if possible, use F1 classic scene editor and go to visibility and hide selected items, somewhat buggy it seems..sometimes it works and sometimes it donīt update properly until re-clicking in the schematic view again.

Or should I say, the effect donīt start to be active until selecting a none bone object.

Michael

prometheus
08-15-2014, 11:10 AM
like this....

http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=123650&d=1408122590

And you also got select all bones of object in the classic scene editor,
...which ernpchan mentioned earlier, just make sure you select your standin bone object and not the mesh itself, unless the bones are directly within that mesh, some figures might have different setups.

prometheus
08-15-2014, 11:30 AM
And another way is to simply make sure you are working with the bones"button active/bone mode" and drag middle mouse button all over the area or object in the scene, since you are in bone mode it will only select the bones and not the mesh,lights or cameras, then use classic editor/visibility and hide selected items.

jaxtone
08-16-2014, 08:11 AM
Wow!

Thankīs guys! In deed there where some optional ways of doing this! Iīll try them all and decide later which is the best for me!

You are all great!

J

jeric_synergy
08-16-2014, 11:18 AM
.............. or right click the topmost bone in the hierarchy.
!!! Which is WHY you should buy Chazriker's animation dvds!!! Gems like this will save you DAYS of time. :thumbsup:

jaxtone
08-18-2014, 01:58 PM
Prometheus!

I watched your image of the character with all bones chosen for an on or off choice! But the thing I feel is too time consuming is to open each arrow to be able to activate the bones before doing my choice. Isnīt there a way to activate all bones under the character in one single action?

RebelHill
08-18-2014, 02:06 PM
activate? or show/hide?

jeric_synergy
08-18-2014, 02:21 PM
I think there's numerous ways to SELECT ALL BONES, and then "r" should rest and activate them, no?

prometheus
08-18-2014, 02:23 PM
Prometheus!

I watched your image of the character with all bones chosen for an on or off choice! But the thing I feel is too time consuming is to open each arrow to be able to activate the bones before doing my choice. Isnīt there a way to activate all bones under the character in one single action?

you mean hide or not hide? activate bones is a totally different thing and is done under setup/general/bones/bones on off.

I didnīt manually opened any arrows..so you are somehow approaching it wrong, I also used the classic scene editor and that has all bones expanded by default it seems.
in new editor, you could select the main bone or object, and right click and go to hiearchy/expand child items recursive, that should expand out all bones in the scene editor,
but if you use the schematic view as I mentioned before by middle mouse click and hold and drag a marquee over the shematic bone items then the scene editor will auto expand all bones selected in the schematic view.

Same should work if you are in the bones selection mode(not camera or light or object) and simply middle mouse click and drag over all the items in the scene viewport that you want to select bones for, just the bones will be selected and Im pretty sure it will be highlighted and expanded in the scene editor too.

RebelHill
08-18-2014, 02:37 PM
If its just hiding/locking... honestly, this is the fastest way there is.

prometheus
08-18-2014, 04:19 PM
hereīs a video help file, select the highest hd 1440p resolution to see the text at itīs best.
I forgot to record the in scene selection ..where you middle mouse select and drag, but that cant be too hard to try out for yourself:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5L6CSJJnI4&feature=youtu.be

jaxtone
08-19-2014, 10:59 AM
Thanks a lot Prometheus!

Thereīs only one thing I wonder about... when you get into the Schematic view, how do you chose the desired items there. When I move my mouse and try different keyboard actions Iīm in move mode... canīt chose the desired bones, only move them around? Sorry to bother you with such a simple question but since I get nowhere I guess itīs an easy piece of knowledge that stops me, as usual :)

RebelHill
08-19-2014, 11:01 AM
Schematic behaves just the same as any other viewport... If an item is seleected, and you just click drag somewhere, it moves... click ON an item to select it, hold shift to multiselect item by item or use MMB to drag-area select.

jaxtone
08-19-2014, 11:11 AM
Thanks RebelHill!

prometheus
08-19-2014, 12:54 PM
YES...middle mouse button hold and drag, I think I mentioned that before in my post..but you missed it:D

works the same if you are in any viewport in layout, as long as you stand in bone selection mode and not in camera or light mode, simply middle mouse click hold and drag over the whole object in layout scene viewport, and only all the bones will be selected without selecting the object itself.

Michael

jaxtone
08-19-2014, 01:47 PM
Thereīs only one thing... I made my choice by using the MMB, but... after doing this it was impossible to uncheck the items in the Dope Editor by pressing the dot as I managed to do earlier when I picked the items inside the Dope Editor! Isnīt this strange?