PDA

View Full Version : Fiberfx crashes when animated

dblincoe
08-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Has anyone had experience with Fiberfx crashing scene render when advancing to next frame? Between ever frame of my animation it crashes after saving the frame to a file.
Thanks!

Underdog
08-14-2014, 06:46 PM
Hello there,

Just like many others, I had problems using Fiber FX. Beside the well documented instability of the plug-in, my problem was related to the lack of guides. As soon a set up guides, the fiber appear to stick to my scene. So far I did not have any other issues, but remember to turn off the preview option before rendering!

I received a lot of useful information from other users here (http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?142941-Fiber-FX-hair-out-of-control)

dblincoe
08-15-2014, 09:47 AM
Preview option? For fiberfx? where is that? Thanks!

OnlineRender
08-15-2014, 11:18 AM
Has anyone had experience with Fiberfx crashing scene render when advancing to next frame? Between ever frame of my animation it crashes after saving the frame to a file.
Thanks!

sometimes! ...

it's can be temperamental but I had no issue(s) with the scene which is ironic because I was only messing around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mo8hDX-M74

dblincoe
08-15-2014, 12:07 PM
Well I was hoping there was a reason...so I could fix it. Great animation btw! Is that mocap or key frame? Very nice either way. Kind of like him with hair!

erikals
08-15-2014, 01:10 PM
again, please share scene... easier to help this way...

(or parts of the scene)

use "package scene" to make it easy...

OnlineRender
08-15-2014, 01:20 PM
Well I was hoping there was a reason...so I could fix it. Great animation btw! Is that mocap or key frame? Very nice either way. Kind of like him with hair!

Nevron Rig , Drove via BVH...

honestly I have no idea why FFX will crash Erikals is right without the scene we are flying blind.

an example of this will be rendering out a full frame range 1-100 with ffx everything will go fine and then when it goes to close the render box , LightWave will crash " however the rendered files are on the HDD.

So always save before hitting f9-10