PDA

View Full Version : akeytsu - Company NY SHOULD consider doing a partnership

robertoortiz
08-13-2014, 06:49 AM
I am at SIGGRAPH 2014 and I have been talking on the floor to some VERY promising companies.
One of them is the maker of the character animation software akeytsu .http://www.nukeygara.com

This out the box thinking in terms of animation is something that would benefit let inmmensely.

I'll post more soon.

robertoortiz
08-14-2014, 09:31 PM
so you get an idea of what I am talking about.
I spoke with the developer of the APP at SIGGRAPH. and he has some fantastic ideas about the future of the product.

http://vimeo.com/101075654

calilifestyle
08-14-2014, 10:15 PM
This is the only video they have presented us with, for about a month i think. I see a lot of promise... but think jimmyrig promised a lot to. I think once i see how the importing and rigging works then i'm game. Right now they only offer a yearly buy, which i'm not sure i like.

ernpchan
08-14-2014, 10:37 PM
I saw this video too. The program looks cool but I'd like to see what the program actually does and what's so revolutionary about it.

I wouldn't hold out hope of LW3D partnering with them. I think LW is too small for them.

CaptainMarlowe
08-15-2014, 12:16 AM
nukeygara is pretty small too, it's basically a very young start-up. So why not having some kind of exchange with Lightwave ? (After all, if you look at clarisse IFx, it is reading lightwave files, which is quite good, considering clarisse is growing nicely).
As for the annual subscription, they apparently had a wrong feedback, and they wrote on twitter they were now considering also a perpetual licensing system.

djwaterman
08-15-2014, 02:05 AM
Not knowing anything about the application except that it seems to be a global animation solution and not software specific, why would they want to partner with anybody, sort of defeats the purpose doesn't it?

robertoortiz
08-15-2014, 08:53 AM
Not knowing anything about the application except that it seems to be a global animation solution and not software specific, why would they want to partner with anybody, sort of defeats the purpose doesn't it?

I had a chance to tal kto the developer at SIGGRAPH and he demoed the program to me.
The whole point of the program is to rig and animate with ease.
That is it.
You export the animated content as an FPX.
What is revolutionary is that it is designed to be super streamlined, It has an elegeant interface and the way you animate ivery well thought out.

I am not saying that NT should try to buy them, but at least as a company start a communication line with the dev.
Simplicity in character animation is the right idea.

jeric_synergy
08-15-2014, 09:43 AM
Roberto, I think you should updated your "NT" to "LW3dG".

robertoortiz
08-15-2014, 01:06 PM
Roberto, I think you should updated your "NT" to "LW3dG".

I would love to but I don't have the ability to change it.

Ryan Roye
08-15-2014, 01:30 PM
I like the ideas and concepts that are currently visible in this program:

- Smart selection and manipulation methods.
- Motion library is stupidly easy to access (look at the left side panel in the demo).
- Adaptable motions that modify limb placement. Notice the transition of the figure holding onto the skateboard with one, then two hands. With most other animation softwares, you need 3 separate animations to achieve this. You could use IK/FK blending in Lightwave... it's just complicated and you still have to animate the fingers by hand or have an incredibly dense rig to do it.
- No controllers and nulls in the way (one of the many reasons I like IKBooster).

Hopefully their production ideas of simplifying the 3d animation workflow won't equate to a dumbed-down toolset... I'll be looking at the software with interest in the meantime.

sami
08-15-2014, 07:52 PM
I talked to them too and he was a nice guy. The software is impressive, but it currently has many limitations. This was essentially alpha software as I saw it demonstrated.

Unfortunately, they are a 2 man company. 1 developer and 1 animator who helps design and test the software and it doesn't yet do things that even Rhiggit does - for example 2 characters interacting and say pushing on each other, nor are dynamics involved, or dynamic parenting so characters cant pick stuff up and set it down. The UI & workflow is what is nice - not mind blowing, but certainly easy to use, though a couple of tweaks would be nice, like multi monitor support, less wasted space for panel title bars, and onion skinned graph lines overlays (at the moment it's awesome the way the graph lines are overlaid on the viewport, but it gets quite messy when multiple elements are displayed - so it needs a way of filtering that). My concern is that despite how promising this is, that many things like that may get lost in the swamp of biting off more than 2 guys can chew. They seem talented, but maybe not as prolific with code output as 3DCoat's resident genius, Andrew. But I'm just basing this off a quick talk in a busy exhibition hall.

Great stuff though, and funding / partnership might be a good idea for users...