PDA

View Full Version : Pivot point and compositing

Columbo24
08-08-2014, 12:44 PM
First I 'd like to thank everyone in the lightwave community for your help. I don't always have time to respond within a day so thanks to everyone who's given me advice. Two problems for today.
1.Pivot points. I'm creating a cryogenics lab with a mobile robot moving on wheels(similar to lunar robots). For some reason the pivot point is giving me hell. I f2 the wheel and the pivot is dead on in modeler. Then I put it in place and the pivot is still at the original position. So I move it into the new position, but it's hard to get it dead center. Then in layout it's moved again. The wheel doesn't turn smoothly. When doing something that rotates what's the easiest way to make sure you're pivot is dead on? Also is there expressions in lightwave similar to AE to keep the tire turning?
2.I need to put a person in a cryo-bed or tube. Tube would seem to be easier. Are there any tutorials about compositing people with objects(putting some one in a bottle etc).
a)It's apparent the less camera movement the easier it would be, but if decided to do a slight crane shot in lightwave do I mimic the movement with a crane on the person when green screening. Any tutorials or advice on compositing people into lightwave scenes would be appreciated? This relates to my last thread about compositing video on monitors in lightwave? Included is a quick simplified model to give me an idea of how I want to build this room(this is very basic). It'll give you an idea of where I'm going with this.
Thanks a lot
Bill

ernpchan
08-08-2014, 01:25 PM
When doing something that rotates what's the easiest way to make sure you're pivot is dead on? Also is there expressions in lightwave similar to AE to keep the tire turning?

There's a center pivot tool. It'll center the pivot in Modeler based on what you have selected. Or just center the object in Modeler and then place it in Layout. You could use Relativity to drive the wheel rotation.

2.I need to put a person in a cryo-bed or tube. Tube would seem to be easier. Are there any tutorials about compositing people with objects(putting some one in a bottle etc).
a)It's apparent the less camera movement the easier it would be, but if decided to do a slight crane shot in lightwave do I mimic the movement with a crane on the person when green screening. Any tutorials or advice on compositing people into lightwave scenes would be appreciated? This relates to my last thread about compositing video on monitors in lightwave? Included is a quick simplified model to give me an idea of how I want to build this room(this is very basic). It'll give you an idea of where I'm going with this.
Thanks a lot
Bill
If you're moving the camera during your shoot, then yes you'll have to match move it with something like Syntheyes. As for compositing, it's just a matter of building up the layers you need in comp with your separate render passes.