PDA

View Full Version : OT from LW: Anyone see Shawshank Redemption?

hrgiger
11-25-2003, 11:18 AM
I was just going through some old pictures and I came across these I took last christmas. If you saw Shawshank Redemption, Tango and Cash, or Air Force One you may recognize this prison. This is the ohio state reformatory and it's in my hometown of Mansfield, Ohio, USA. I remember being around when they filmed the movies and I'm sorry now I never went out to be an extra ( I know a few guys who were extras in Shawshank). Also, my friend Devon was just in a video that the band Godsmack directed there. Anyone see that one? It's the one where the bands playing in a wire fenced in area and the inmates are moshing around the fence. I've always loved this building so I thought some of the rest of you might want to see it here in person, so to speak....If any of you live anywhere near Ohio, I definately reccomend you come see it. The preservation society gives tours of it on Sunday for $5.

Here's picture 1 (by the way, I took them from the car as I was drving by.)

hrgiger
11-25-2003, 11:19 AM
Here's another shot....

videoguy
11-25-2003, 01:22 PM
hey man your in mansfeild. i work for a video production company in wooster ohio. i have been to the reformatory and it is pretty kewl though it needs some major resto work

hrgiger
11-25-2003, 02:04 PM
Actually, I'm in Columbus but I was born in Mansfield. I lived there until about 1999. Yeah, the prison is great but does need some serious restoration.

I have a few friends that live in Wooster so I've been there quite a bit. You're deep in Amish country over there.