PDA

View Full Version : Capture Short Cuts

David Chittick
03-05-2003, 11:13 AM
I spoke with my somewhat local Rep. (180miles) for Newtek to find out what he knew about the T3 after he returned from a recent Demo. He was unable to answer a few questions about the capture function. (I should say it does sound great.)

Will it have an accurate and quick refresh of timecode?

Will it have a user-friendly shuttle control?

Will it have shortcut commands from the numeric pad for batch capturing that I've grown accustomed to on Avid and Media100?

Will the "all new" CG be reconstructed on the toasteredit timeline from the EDL?

Will it have the DirectX audio plugins?

Please take these as suggestions if the answer is "no"

Cheers

David

Gordon
03-05-2003, 02:52 PM
Just to elaborate on our conversation:

1. The current external control module seems to be about 5 frames or so behind the deck it is controlling. :(

2. No further comment.

3. Keyboard shortcuts can be user programmed, so it would be nice to have access to all the external control module functions via Toasterscript and even nicer , (for Media 100 owners), if they were already assigned similar to the Media 100.

4. Will the EDL support re-building CG pages created in ToasterCG or will all CG pages have to be saved separately? In other words, if we used nothing but ToasterCG to create all graphics and text for CG pages will the EDL recreate these pages?

5. No further comment.

Gord
(The somewhat local dealer)

Faraz
03-05-2003, 06:22 PM
I had the Countour shuttle working with the TED and DDR. It was pretty darn cool. We can probably get it to work with Batch Capture too. We'll see once it's out!