PDA

View Full Version : Putting video on an object in layout

Columbo24
08-05-2014, 11:52 AM
Quick question. I created a lab with a monitor. I want to put a forensic video on the monitor's screen while I animate the scene. For some reason I'm going blank. Suggestions on how to put on a video in a scene?

ernpchan
08-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Sounds like you want the CCTV shader.

prometheus
08-05-2014, 01:40 PM
Sounds like you want the CCTV shader.

why would he want that?
why not simply load a video sequence on to the monitor, this sounds stupid...but then again, I donīt follow whatīs the issue here?

Marander
08-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Maybe there's something wrong with the video's codec (not compatible with LightWave Image Editor?). Check the Image Editor properties and if it displays there. Alternatively use an image sequence. Check also the Texture properties if aligned properly (UV / planar?). Try first with a still image on the Surface / Texture and render it, then replace it with your video sequence and change from Still to Sequence / Animation.

ernpchan
08-05-2014, 02:21 PM
Quick question. I created a lab with a monitor. I want to put a forensic video on the monitor's screen while I animate the scene. For some reason I'm going blank. Suggestions on how to put on a video in a scene?

why would he want that?
why not simply load a video sequence on to the monitor, this sounds stupid...but then again, I donīt follow whatīs the issue here?

It sounds like he wants to project his scene onto a monitor at the same time. If I'm misinterpreting his question then yes, just applying a video or image sequence of his footage would be the way to go.

prometheus
08-05-2014, 03:28 PM
the question would first be, what are the format of the source files? and can he export it modify to other formats.

png image sequences are probably prefered to load( scrubs fastest) , you should be able to load avi files directly in the surface color channel,mp4 wonīt work, mov files should work if you use 32 bit only, 64 bit donīt support quicktime.
use automatic sizing to rescale the video to your surface i that is what you want, or manually scale it to fit within the area.
Michael

ice_blade_za
08-19-2014, 11:05 PM
Thanks Prometheus, as silly as it sounds Google and help search of video texture lightwave really doesn't yield any results. It's the video formats that caught me, so used to using mp4's for every thing. Dropped an avi in and it worked a charm. One question, is the codec of the avi system dependent or will Lightwave only use certain codecs?

wesleycorgi
08-19-2014, 11:18 PM
Thanks Prometheus, as silly as it sounds Google and help search of video texture lightwave really doesn't yield any results. It's the video formats that caught me, so used to using mp4's for every thing. Dropped an avi in and it worked a charm. One question, is the codec of the avi system dependent or will Lightwave only use certain codecs?

I think LW only uses certain video formats. For example, I primarily work with LW on Mac. QT MOVs work fine, but when I take the same file onto my Win setup, it needs AVI (so I have to convert all my MOVs into AVIs).

prometheus
08-20-2014, 05:35 AM
not sure really about the avi codecs...seem to have worked with most stuff for me, might be that lightwave or windows 7 or vlc medial player makes some sort of codec installement for most stuff.

regarding mp4 files, a tip...for instance if you download a youtube cloud clip in mp4 format, you can not load it in, first you have to change lightwav browser to select all files for it to even recognize that file extension of mp4, even so it will not load i, however
..hereīs the magic trick, simple rename the mp4 file to mov format file extension, then lightwave should load it in without problem and you have your "mp4" file playing in the image editor, all this only valid under 32 bit lightwave still, since quicktime havenīt got around to fix that to 64bi still to my knowledge.

So simply rename your mp4 files to mov format:) might not work with all stuff but try it.