PDA

View Full Version : Does a plugin exist that gives you envelopes for the controls of image world?

Shnoze Shmon
08-04-2014, 01:20 PM
It would be nice to be able to control heading offset, pitch offset, and brightness to change what is being reflected during the animation. It would also be nice to be able to change the image used during the animation as well.

JamesCurtis
08-04-2014, 02:44 PM
I don't know of a plugin to do what all you ask, but, I believe you can change the image used during an animation by using an image sequence and naming images xxxxx_1, xxxxx_50, xxxxx_80, etc.

JoePoe
08-04-2014, 03:37 PM
It's a trade off.....Instead of using Image World use Textured Environment. Most of those controls have envelopes (except nothing for brightness I think..... but that can be done in the Image Editor).

What James said re: changing images. Or you can envelope the Opacity and switch/merge into another image. I'm sure there are other ways too.

Shnoze Shmon
08-04-2014, 04:31 PM
Thanks!

Not sure what to use to set up an image sequence though.

Textured environment is interesting. It would allow me to rotate the image.

On the opacity are you talking about creating objects to put the images on? Not sure that would result in reflections on all sides and I'm using a black blank for the backdrop.

Here is some frame renders to show what I'm doing.

JoePoe
08-04-2014, 05:17 PM
Thanks!

On the opacity are you talking about creating objects to put the images on? Not sure that would result in reflections on all sides and I'm using a black blank for the backdrop.

I'm talking about the opacity of the Textured Environment image :hey:. 123494
Edit: but you could do it that way too, right? Have a physical sphere around your scene with an image mapped to it..... animate that! Have a second sphere thats in between the objects and the reflection sphere as your black backdrop (just make sure to click unseen by rays in object props).

You can also animate some aspects of reflection maps as part of surface settings (Advanced tab in layers or within specific nodes) without setting a global effect. You could have a different map for each letter or word for example ....etc.

Lots of possibilities here. :thumbsup:

...... oh, and an image sequence is brought in the same way as any other image. Just bring in the first and in Image Editor make sure Type is Sequence. It's the timing of the sequence that can get trickier.

Sensei
08-04-2014, 08:30 PM
You can make sphere with large radius like >1000 m, flip it to inside, then use Luminosity 100%, Diffuse 0% (or plug node to Diffuse Shading directly). And add image to it whatever you like..

Thomas Leitner
08-05-2014, 03:10 AM
It's a trade off.....Instead of using Image World use Textured Environment. Most of those controls have envelopes (except nothing for brightness I think..... but that can be done in the Image Editor).....

But: Image World has Angular Mapping and Textured Enviroment not. So you can't use it instead!
NT should unify it and add Angular Map as a projection type to Textured Enviroment (even better: to all Texture Editors).

ciao
Thomas

JoePoe
08-05-2014, 07:51 AM
But: Image World has Angular Mapping and Textured Enviroment not.

:stumped: How are these angles 123509 different than those in Tex Environment? Or has the interface changed from my image?

eKalb
08-05-2014, 10:44 AM
How are these angles Attachment 123509 different than those in Tex Environment? Or has the interface changed from my image?

Image world needs an image like this:

Textured Environment needs an image like this:

eKalb
08-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Flexify 2 (http://www.flamingpear.com/flexify.html) gave me good results converting from one format to the other (There may or may not be a better software for this.) So if you have a mirror ball type image for Image World, you can convert it to a rectangular type for Textured Environment, and vice-versa.

JoePoe
08-05-2014, 11:20 AM

So that's what he meant.
... manipulating the angles is the same right? I mean 90 heading change is the same in both.... ??

RebelHill
08-05-2014, 11:43 AM
JP... no... angular mapping is a kind of projection (like spherical, cubic, polar, etc)... NOT the angle at which a map is offset rotated.

JoePoe
08-05-2014, 11:46 AM
JP... no... angular mapping is a kind of projection (like spherical, cubic, polar, etc)... NOT the angle at which a map is offset rotated.

Ahhhh. Thanks. :)

Shnoze Shmon
08-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Wow thanks for all the replies.

I used a flat image. The reason I used image world was to keep the image from being seen directly by the camera but to have a reflected image for the objects surfaces. I also wanted to do this with the least impact on render time. Also use a single black pixel as the image for the backdrop. I picked this procedure up from a tutorial somewhere.

Sensei
08-05-2014, 09:21 PM

TrueArt's Modeling Pack http://modelingpack.trueart.eu
has tool Environment Baking Camera
Someone could use Image World with image in its format, and bake to 2nd format, in completely empty scene.
Then use Textured Environment, or sphere with texture, with baked version of image.

tburbage
08-07-2014, 11:36 PM
Also use a single black pixel as the image for the backdrop. I picked this procedure up from a tutorial somewhere.
I believe they just added a way to no longer have to use the tiny black background image trick -- Effects > Compositing > Use Background Color.

erikals
08-08-2014, 05:59 AM
for Image World adjustments, this could work,

go to Image Editor / Processing / Add Filter / Textured Filter
click the Texture button, here you can make the changes

Shnoze Shmon
08-08-2014, 12:07 PM
I found when I did a moving camera pass I got the movement in the reflected image I was wanting. Decided not to try to get the reflected image to move in the front animation. I'll keep the info shared here in mind for other animations. And thanks for the info about not needing the black dot.

I made these to be part of a demo reel of text logo animations with which I can hopefully get a few clients. These will be the finale of the reel.

I was thinking $4,000.00 if I was to price each of these. Does this seem high, low, or about right?

edit: cant get links to work in my post, dont know why

https://vimeo.com/102938401

https://vimeo.com/102938400

ok got it working