PDA

View Full Version : Kinect2 + Nevron = worth it?

Triodin
08-03-2014, 04:09 PM
Finally got the funds to buy a Kinect2 for windows and working towards the remainder to get a Nevron license when I had to stop and check to see how it's going for any nevron users?

I haven't seen any news updates on this product past the initial "wow" and was hoping to reconfirm that it would be a good investment.

I'll most likely wait until siggraph, as that would probably be where they release any news on it, but wanted to throw this out there all the same.

erikals
08-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Kinect2 is still early in process, as you can see from YT videos, very few have made something useful out of Kinect2,
so we'll have to wait some time... be it for LightWave or other apps...

Greenlaw
08-04-2014, 12:27 AM
Nevron Motion doesn't support Kinect 2 yet but I'm sure it's coming soon since NM is using the MS Kinect SDK. I'm looking forward to this combo for improved face capture and non-traditional motion capture techniques.

I'm also thinking of getting a couple of Kinect 2 devices after iPi Mocap Studio 3 comes out later next month. According to the devs, the depth data is much cleaner than with the original Kinect for Windows, and using multiple devices simultaneously hasn't been an issue. (I'm currently experimenting 3 original Kinect for Window devices simultaneously in Mocap Studio 2. I've been using 2 synchronized Kinect devices for a couple of years now for personal short films and occasional feature film visual effects, and it works quite well.)

G.

OlaHaldor
01-06-2015, 05:40 AM
Any news on this?

erikals
01-06-2015, 09:14 AM
not sure, but i think Brekel supports two Kinect 2 now...

i myself have ordered Perception Neuron

jwiede
01-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Any news on this?

Brekel v2 products and ipiSoft both support Kinect2 these days. LW3DG hasn't provided any updates, docs, etc. for Nevron since around Aug 2013. Lack of communication by itself doesn't necessarily mean much with LW3DG, but lack of communication and updates historically isn't a good sign for Newtek/LW3DG products.

Triodin
01-06-2015, 02:14 PM
I actually picked up Brekel v2 yesterday! Was just looking for a retargeting solution now and had my eyes turned to RebelHill's RHiggit! V2. But I just saw this post :

Coming soon - WebAnimate Pro for free!: http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?145139-Coming-soon-WebAnimate-Pro-for-free!

And am checking that out while I do the math on Pound Sterling to Dollars ;)