PDA

View Full Version : LW v 11 and Worley plugins / compatibility NOT RENDERING RIGHT!

Ty Catt
08-02-2014, 08:48 AM
Has anyone had an issue with Worley plugins not working properly with LW v11 (in particular Acid)?

I had a scene built in LW 9.6.1, shader renders great.

I sent over to Garage Farm, it won't render with plugin shader. Surface comes up without shader. They don't have shader loaded for v9.6.

So they tried to open it with LW 11 version.

Shader appers on surface but renders SUPER GRAINY.

I've opened it in 11 and for me it renders SUPER GRAINY.

If I load a project object without the scene, it renders fine.

It's like the plugin file corrupted the whole scene or something.

I've loaded a generic object, added the shader, and it renders fine!?...

And I created completely nonrelated scenes in 9.6, opened them in 11, and they render fine.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Or does it have nothing to do with shader, just coincidence with something else not being compatible from 9.6 to 11.6?

I just can't figure out anything else that makes it different.

I'm under a deadline now with nowhere to turn and I'm about to have a heart attack.

This has been the PROJECT FROM HELL and I'm beaten down and just need it done.

Thanks,

RebelHill
08-02-2014, 08:53 AM
Could be related to unified sampling and perspective camera. There've been other tools/shaders/stuff that no longer render properly unless you use classic camera.

Ty Catt
08-02-2014, 09:02 AM
I tried changing to Classic, didn't fix it.

I'm frustrated beyond belief.

:(

Thanks for the suggestion though.

I'll try some other combos...

Ty Catt
08-02-2014, 09:21 AM
Rebel,

It's like the shader corrupted the entire scene.

It's infiltrated every single file I have though. I used it in every scene from day one. I have no scenes without it.

I can't re-rig and recreate 5+ scenes all over again.

Even if I manually remove it, it still renders wrong.

Is there a way to disable a plugin from LW so it ignores it?

I tried to remove it via the edit panel, doesn't seem to do it.

Any other ideas?...

ernpchan
08-02-2014, 09:38 AM
Removing acid from the object should remove it from the scene. I've never seen a texture plug in infect a scene throughout so not entirely sure what's happening to you. Good luck.

Ty Catt
08-02-2014, 09:48 AM
Honest to god, every shader has been removed from the list in the Surfaces panel and has been removed from every object in here.

That's what makes me wonder if it's a 9.6 issue, too?

Like I said, I've opened other old 9.6 scenes in v11 and they work.

It's just this project.

I'm really confused and lost on this one.

thanks,

tyler

Shiny_Mike
08-02-2014, 10:08 AM
Per Rebel Hill's suggestion - have you tried increasing Shading samples and Light samples in "Render Globals -> Render Tab"?

spherical
08-02-2014, 04:39 PM
Is there a way to disable a plugin from LW so it ignores it?

I tried to remove it via the edit panel, doesn't seem to do it.

Move the .p file out of the /plugins directory tree temporarily, so that Layout or Modeler don't find it. Should throw an error that you can dismiss and then try a render.

3DGFXStudios
08-03-2014, 07:51 AM
Yes! You should increase the sampling like said above.

Ty Catt
08-03-2014, 09:58 AM
Yes thank you all!

There was some miscommunication with the shader settings all along on the receiving end.

I can finally breathe!

THANK YOU EVERYONE AS ALWAYS!

Tyler

wturber
04-04-2016, 03:13 PM
I know this is an old thread, but in case it helps anybody ... don't merely change to Classic Camera, but also make sure that Raytrace Transparency is off. If you must use Perspective Camera and/or Raytrace Transparency, then increasing render samples in your hope.

BTW, I've encountered render issues (surface beneath the transparent surface seemed to be undersampled) with transparent surfaces that did not involve Worley Acid or any other plugin. Classic Camera rendered the scene perfectly, but took a LONG time. The render drops to using only one or two threads at times in the rendering process (which really cuts into render efficiency on a dual six-core Xeon). Perspective camera with increased adaptive sampling progressively improves things, but never takes a bucketload of additional samples to replicate what the Classic Camera delivers. Pick your poision.