PDA

View Full Version : Forum question, how do I bvrowse my old threads?

objuan
07-31-2014, 08:08 PM
I want to look up some old answers that you fine folks have given me.

I click on my name up top and it takes me to "My Activity" but that only shows about 10 posts, and then says "No More Results"

Is there no way to look back at my whole history?

scallahan1
07-31-2014, 08:18 PM
Hi,

Top left section of your Profile, there are two links:

Find latest posts
Find latest started threads

You have quite a lot of posts out there. :)

Steve-o

spherical
07-31-2014, 09:56 PM
For older threads, use the forum search. Yes, it's way better now than it used to be. You get better results by going to the Advanced Search > Single Content Type. You can search by username or for specific strings that you know are in the posts you're interested in. A quick search on your username returned 245 hits on 10 pages. I'd imagine that jeric_synergy would bring the server to its knees, what with the number of posts he has. Yikes! Does he ever work?

raw-m
08-01-2014, 01:24 AM
I'd imagine that jeric_synergy would bring the server to its knees, what with the number of posts he has. Yikes! Does he ever work?
:lol: He works for Autodesk :D

Thomas Leitner
08-01-2014, 01:52 AM
I want to look up some old answers that you fine folks have given me.

I click on my name up top and it takes me to "My Activity" but that only shows about 10 posts, and then says "No More Results"

Is there no way to look back at my whole history?

Hi,
look at your Settings > General Settings > Default Thread Age Cut Off:
There you can set a time period from which to display threads.

ciao
Thomas

objuan
08-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Thanks all.

Pretty funny about jeric there spherical, though you are no slouch yourself.

cagey5
08-01-2014, 02:17 PM
As an alternative click on 'Quick Links' at the top of the forum and choose 'subscribed threads'. That generally will list all the threads you have contributed to.