PDA

View Full Version : Radiosity Cache File Format ?

grabiller
07-31-2014, 03:41 AM
Hello,

Afaik there is no published information about the format of radiosity cache files.

It would be interesting to have it documented, especially for 3rd parties to create tools to help clean artefacts, etc..

Cheers,
Guy.

3DGFXStudios
07-31-2014, 03:44 AM
I never heard of tools of doing that kind of thing? Do they exist? Is that even possible?

grabiller
07-31-2014, 03:56 AM
I never heard of tools of doing that kind of thing? Do they exist? Is that even possible?

When you bake an animated radiosity cache file, samples must be timestamped in order to retrieve the right data for the current frame at render time.

Baking animated radiosity cache files works pretty well but sometimes you have some glitches where suddenly some samples pops up or disappear for one frame or two.

I suspect these could be identified by running some kind of temporal low pass filtering across the entire sequence cache.

I'm not saying this will work but in order to be sure, we need to investigate, and for this, we need to have access to the radiosity cache file format in the first place.

dulo
07-31-2014, 04:18 AM
Wanted to do the same thing two years ago, talked with an developer, he said he has to consult management if he is allowed to give that information and I never heared from him again ..

grabiller
08-01-2014, 06:22 AM
Wanted to do the same thing two years ago, talked with an developer, he said he has to consult management if he is allowed to give that information and I never heared from him again ..

Was it just through discussion or did you filed an official feature request at that time ?

dulo
08-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Just a discussion with a developer on the forum .. it should be somewhere in the depths of this forum ..

scallahan1
08-03-2014, 11:08 AM
Was having a cup of Joe and figured I'd look for it...here's the thread link...

Maybe you could also add the GI Cache specs ??? Please !!! (http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?129146-fcache-specification&p=1254769&viewfull=1#post1254769)

:)

Steve-o