PDA

View Full Version : hollow text with controllable extrusion

stephefrank
07-28-2014, 12:03 AM
just wondering if anyone know a plugin that can make hollow text outlines like neon. There was a plugin in modeller (in version 5.6-7.0) which used to make exactly the effect I am looking for, and it had controls for extrusion, edge thickness etc. I dont know why newtek removed it in later versions. It was called "text.p". I believe its 32bit and no longer works with latest versions.

Thanks

prometheus
07-28-2014, 06:27 AM
not sure about the plugins, but you can do a workaround, use text layers in 2d, and name your front face to delete, after creation ..just select one front poly, then in selection menu/polygons select entire surface..and you got all front polys selected, then delete them.
That leaves only the edges left, (not exactly..beveled edges)
But just make sure you get a slight bevel in there, however..it wont use only the text edges but rather the polys.

Not sure ..but it might be better to simply donīt mess with it in modeler and instead make the object transparent, and render out the edges only, use unshared edges to avoid connected hole segmenting.

Sensei
07-28-2014, 09:08 AM
just wondering if anyone know a plugin that can make hollow text outlines like neon.

You don't need plugin for that.
See mine video tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h36tarKf-Nc