PDA

View Full Version : Parallel to DUO Dongle?

A Mejias
11-24-2003, 06:17 PM
Hi,

How much is it to exchange the Parallel Dongle to a DUO Dongle? Who at NewTek do I contact to get it done?

Thanks!

Phil
11-25-2003, 09:59 AM
[email protected] should be able to help you, or contact your dealer.

If you ask for the conversion to happen during an upgrade, it has been free (at least for me) at that time.

A Mejias
11-25-2003, 11:35 AM
Thanks Phil! How much is it when you do have to pay?

Phil
11-25-2003, 12:07 PM
I'm not entirely sure. I suspect it lies somewhere between 50 and 100 US dollars, but I really don't know for certain. I don't put much weight behind those - it could be more or less, I cannot say for certain.

One thing to consider is whether you have any dongle locked plugins that you will need to reactivate. This might be a problem if the company is unwilling to reactivate the plugin for a different dongle ID or where the company no longer exists. In theory the ID is unique to each dongle, but you can request the same ID and see if this can be achieved - it used to be offered for an additional fee by the old UK distributor amgFX, but I am not sure what the current system allows.

Note that the DUO dongle allows you to run both versions of LW (Mac and PC), but the Mac produces a different ID from the PC for the same dongle. It's an odd , but expected, behaviour and I am not sure whether this is noted in the docs these days - it wasn't when the DUO package first appeared :)