PDA

View Full Version : K2fW is out, will Nevron support it?

jwiede
07-25-2014, 05:08 AM
Simple question: The new Kinect (2) for Windows is out. Does LW3DG plan to add support to Nevron any time soon?

Areyos Alektor
07-27-2014, 03:44 PM
Siggraph is coming soon :D

It's been 10 days ago that it's available, leave their time tweak us a beautiful update ;)

Ryan Roye
07-27-2014, 05:52 PM
I wanna see more demos of the Kinect2 in a 3d studio environment. Higher fidelity is nice... but I'm not really sold on the improvements over the old Kinects yet. If the side-by-side comparison of the old/new kinect (say, using an IPIsoft 2-3 kinect setup) isn't substantially better, it's hard to justify the cost.

Greenlaw
07-27-2014, 08:53 PM
iPi Soft says the accuracy of Kinect 2 for Windows is dramatically improved with with their upcoming iPi Mocap Studio 3. They were also able to get multiple Kinect 2 devices to work so I'm very excited about this. (At present, I use three 'old' Kinects with the current iPi Mocap Studio 2 software.)

iPi Soft doesn't use the Microsoft SDK but I'm sure this news also bodes well for software that does (like Nevronmotion.)

G.

jwiede
07-28-2014, 12:10 AM
Siggraph is coming soon :D

It's been 10 days ago that it's available, leave their time tweak us a beautiful update ;)

They potentially had access to it, as developers, much longer than just 10 days ago.