PDA

View Full Version : BT3Patch4744: AdjustingGenLock Prefs

tmon
11-24-2003, 05:15 PM
Appears to lead to the dreaded "No Signal Present" error message, and I don't know how to get the video signal back other than to UNINSTALL the patch and reinstall.

Problem is, how to adjust the genlock settings?

ted
11-24-2003, 08:32 PM
More info please.
Are you saying with VT running, if you change the Prefs "Genlock Prefs" you get the error right away, or on the next boot-up?
You never get this error before adjusting the GL?
You never got this before the latest build?

Have you tried shutting down VT3, killing winrtme, then re-booting the computer? This works for me.

Does the error say "No Signal Present" or "Potential Driver Lockup"?

I used to get the No Signal Error, but with VT3 it gives me the driver lockup error.
This is something we've not been able to track down. I only get it on my system with BOB and never on my 2 systems without BOB??? I thought that was it, but others have reported it on systems without BOB???

tmon
11-24-2003, 08:51 PM
Yes. No error until after attempting to make Gen Lock adjustments in Prefs.
I never had this happen in previous builds. This system has a BOB.

1. Go into Prefs, adjust Gen Lock settings, close Prefs, go back to VT-Edit environment.

2. See "No signal present-Possible Driver Lock Up" message in VT-Vision.

3. Kill winrtme, no change.

4. Soft boot, no change.

5. Hard boot, including unplugging the workstation AC cord, no change.

6. Run "oops," no change.

7. Re-run auto config, no change.

8. Uninstall the patch, reinstall the patch, don't touch Gen Lock settings in prefs = temporary solution.

eon5
11-25-2003, 10:44 AM
any news ?

OBroschart
12-04-2003, 02:02 PM
I noticed that if you use the lef/right arrows in genlock PREFS instead of dragging the slider bar, you won't get the "lost video" error.

tmon
12-04-2003, 03:55 PM
I noticed that if you use the lef/right arrows in genlock PREFS instead of dragging the slider bar, you won't get the "lost video" error.

OBroschart,

You discovered this in Patch 02?

OBroschart
12-05-2003, 07:31 AM
I experienced this in each of T3's public build.

VT2 didn't have this problem.

I wasn't sure if this was related to VT3 or to the fact that that I had just moved the machine from Win2K to XP Pro as part of my VT3 upgrade.

tmon
12-05-2003, 09:47 AM
For me, it started with the first incarnation of Patch O2/VT[3].

I have since done a full uninstall on that system and am now running Patch 01.

I will await further insight from NewTek before proceeding to install the new revised Patch 02. I'd like to test your "left/right arrows" approach, but I don't want to risk having to go through another laborious full uninstall/reinstall procedure....so I'm going to wait until the dust settles on this issue...the AVI wrapper issue was resolved, but I've heard nothing regarding this one yet.